Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

.......... Rss

I haven't been on in ages and almost forgot what my password was when I logged in. blink

Sooooo much has happened over these past few weeks, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by it all.

After almost 10 years of marriage, DH and I are separating. It is largely my decision, but has become quite amicable and mutual after lots of talking. I'm feeling a little scared, but also looking forward to being happy again too.

For those of you that have me on facebook, please don't put anything on there just yet.....

I also lost a dear friend last week to cancer. My second dear friend in just 18 months that the horrible disease has taken. sad

Its been a tough few weeks. But things will hopefully start looking up soon. Just wanted to vent and share. Thanks for reading. smile

It's good to see you on here again

Im so very sorry for your loss sad

Making that decision must have been so hard for you I am glad you are looking forward to a happier future!

Best of luck
It's been the hardest decision of my life. But once I made it, it was like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Some of you may remember what happened between DH and I just over 3 years ago, and if I'm honest, I have tried SO hard to get over that and I just can't. There are other issues too, but I haven't been happy for a while and I just want the old me back. I just simply couldn't keep living like that for the rest of my life. sad

My biggest concern is for our children. I am hoping though that as long as they know how much we love them dearly, that they will adjust and be fine. So lots of changes happening, and I am sure I will have my bad days, but I am feeling quite positive about the future now. You can't stay in an unhappy marriage simply cos of the kids, and I realise that now.

Sending you a hug.
You seem like you are a very strong person and i think you be able to handle anything.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

hi fruchoc

just wanted to tell you that i am sorry for your losses and hope that you can find a happier future for yourself.

my parents divorced when my brothers and i were young (3,5 and 7) and none of us suffered from it at all. our parents were still nice to each other (hell my dad even painted my mum's new house) and never said anything negative about the other. no games were played between them. the split was amicable. it can be done smile

all the best.

Sending you a hug.
You seem like you are a very strong person and i think you be able to handle anything.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I am sorry to hear that Fruchoc sad atleast you guys are managing to be amicable which isnt easy when your dealing with lots of emotions. Your doing a great job smile The kids will be fine they adjust quickly smile Now that weight has been lifted you can focus on being the best you, you can be for your kids smile

Hi Fruchoc, i am sorry about your friends.
I hope that life is better for you with your seperation.
I am sure the kids will be ok. I worried about mine also, but they are coping fine.
Sorry to hear. But as you said, once the decision was made a huge weight is lifted off your shoulders. I hope you move on lighter and happier than ever. Miss your posts.
Cancers a bitch isn't it? One of my frinds is dying in Tas. Don't know if I can organise a trip down (from Melb) or not with the 3 week old??? Should just do it, life is full of regrets, should get off my arse and do it! Sorry for your loss.
oh fruchoc....huge changes happening.... I am so sorry about your friends. Its a terrible thing to watch people go through. Huge big squishy hugs from here and I hope all goes well for you from here on in.
xxx
ah hun sorry to hear all this sad especially about your friends! it's never good to lose someone so close to such a horrible sickness sad GBH!

I hope you get through things, you are a strong woman smile xoxoxo
me too kate me too, but not as amicable. txt me when u see this as he smashed my phone to bits and i lost all my contacts.

I had been wondering where you had got to Fruchoc! I'm so sorry to hear about your friends, and your marriage. Even though it is amicable, I'm sure it's not going to be easy!
You seem to be a very strong woman, but just remember that even the strong can have their weak moments, and that's ok.
GBH to you!!
Sign in to follow this topic