Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

QANTAS Rss

I think that Julia Gillard should have stepped in a before now as it has gone on long enough. Also why cant they afford to keep Autralian wokers on if they can give the boss a $2m pay rise.
This is going to cause alot of economic issues and with the other world leaders here it is not going to make us look very good. Not only the Qantas workers will loose out on pay but also the general public if they cant get home in time. Not everyone can afford to get a ticket from another airline or even a hotel room. I feel sorry for the staff and also the passengers. I just hope that it can be sorted very quickly.

It is going to affect our buisness in so many ways!!!! So I can't even begin to imagine how it will affect the entire country! In situations like this you can only do one thing, Blame Julia laugh

It is going to affect our buisness in so many ways!!!! So I can't even begin to imagine how it will affect the entire country! In situations like this you can only do one thing, Blame Julia angry

Huh? What every time something goes wrong its the PMs fault? She's supposed to pre-empt action taken by Qantas and/or the Unions to prevent this and industrial action happening?

There's due process and between Qantas and the Unions they've reached a stalemate and now its at a point where the Gov has to step in. To blame the PM for this situation is a bit of a stretch just quietly.

Meanwhile my DH is stuck in Perth... I'm sure it will be sorted out sooner rather than later.... if not its a long drive home laugh

Huh? What every time something goes wrong its the PMs fault? She's supposed to pre-empt action taken by Qantas and/or the Unions to prevent this and industrial action happening?

There's due process and between Qantas and the Unions they've reached a stalemate and now its at a point where the Gov has to step in. To blame the PM for this situation is a bit of a stretch just quietly.

Meanwhile my DH is stuck in Perth... I'm sure it will be sorted out sooner rather than later.... if not its a long drive home laugh

Well it is not really her fault, I was meant to add a lol face after it. However it does have to do with Industrial Relations. I have had enough of the labour governemnt full stop. Obvioulsy you aren't aware of what the labour goverment has done to the farming industry. Give it another 5 years and you will all be eating imported produce....if you are lucky.

I think it is absolute crap what qantas has done and I am not anti labour or anything. I have my opionion you have yours. Maybe you haven't been affected the same way my family has been by the government and new regulations.

double

Well it is not really her fault, I was meant to add a lol face after it. However it does have to do with Industrial Relations. I have had enough of the labour governemnt full stop. Obvioulsy you aren't aware of what the labour goverment has done to the farming industry. Give it another 5 years and you will all be eating imported produce....if you are lucky.

I think it is absolute crap what qantas has done and I am not anti labour or anything. I have my opionion you have yours. Maybe you haven't been affected the same way my family has been by the government and new regulations.

Sorry you've had enough of the labor government full stop but you are not anti labor or anything huh and what does the farming industry have to do with Qantas?

Nevermind blink

Sorry you've had enough of the labor government full stop but you are not anti labor or anything huh and what does the farming industry have to do with Qantas?

Nevermind blink

I am not trying to start an argument with you. I was just giving my opinion. I am not anti labour, If the labour goverment came along with a scheme to help our industry or any major australian industry I am all for it but until then I have had enough of them. For all I know the liberals could do an even worse job. The farming industry is My industry (which has been affected by the current gov) so I was just giving you an example as to why I am not for the current PM/government. Hence why I made the blame Julia joke. Qantas and farming are both Australian industrys that have been affected by the new reglations introduced by the current labour goverment. Look seriously I know F all about politcs, I am just stating how I have been affected.

not to throw petrol on the flames...lol..but remember when she said there wont be a carbon tax haha...
I kind of feel sorry for Qantas as they have had 3 unions hassling for pay increases at the same time. The unions have their place but they have ambushed Qantas into drastic action. The employees have shot themselves in the foot. If you keep pushing, eventually you will get pushed backed. Think of the money they are losing by doing this. And they are reimbursing accom and meals for those stuck around the world.
Keep in mind too that the shareholders supported the boards decision to give Joyce a pay rise and whatever the board decided.
Keep the Government out of the whole thing. Qantas will either go broke or sort it out.

not to throw petrol on the flames...lol..but remember when she said there wont be a carbon tax haha...

LMAO! Oh remember the 'good old days' when petrol went up to $1 a litre and the Government said it was because the AUD was trading too low compared to the USD and it was being reflected in increased fuel prices....

And here we are going from $1.35 per litre on a Thursday night to $1.55 per litre a few hours later... When last night the AUD closed at buying $1.06 US!!!!

As for the Labour Government, Liberal Government etc, let's just say there is a reason I don't waste my time voting! LOL!

IMO, Anything called "Labour" hurts like a bitch! LOL!

I would LOVE petrol for that price, we are sitting on $2.10 on a good day. Just converted it and even with the dollar difference you guys are still getting a good deal LOL I actually can't remember when we dropped under $2, but then I think your produce is more expensive than ours (sorry totally off topic)

Yes admittedly we are on a good price compared to other countries around the world, however no matter where people live a 20 cent increase just because its the weekend really annoys me as it is hardly justifiable!

Sheesh $2.10 on a good day! I'd sell my car! Makes me wonder how people can afford it!
There is due process in industrial relation issues & this one - while yes, it seems to us that it has 'gone on long enough', they have followed the correct channel. It is just a high profile case & always in the media. This is the same amount of time that other business' take to resolve their issues as well - this one is at the longer end of the spectrum tho.

The problems at qantas run deep - look at the CEO - he takes his pay rise & then grounds the entire fleet - indefinitely...

Give it another 5 years and you will all be eating imported produce....if you are lucky.

we already are...
Sign in to follow this topic