Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

DUROMINE.. Lock Rss

Hi smile
So i'm looking at going to the weight loss drug Duromine...
Is anyone on it/ been on it?
How much is it?
Was it worth it?
I am not massive, but, I have a hip issue so really want to loose weight, but no matter what exercise and eating I do it doesn't get where I want it. I am 99% sure I would fit in the criteria for it too, so that's not a worry, I just want to know weather it's worth it or not.
Thanks smile
I've had it, was great while on it but afterwards stacked the weight back on plus probably a few extra kilos.

It was approximately $100 for 30 pills. My extras cover allowed me to get $50 back twice a year.

It made me eat alot less, and I felt loads more energetic, however would get the occasional whopper of a headache.
OUr friend lost 30kg in 4 weeks on Duromine. She was exercising at the same time 2hours a day.

It worked with the weight loss. But it wrecked her kidneys, liver and she needed to get her gall bladder removed. She's ended up putting all the weight back on plus some and her liver/kidney are permanently damaged now.

My hubby was 150kg. He is losing weight the slow and hard way ... through lifestyle eating changes plus exercise. He's lost weight a lot more slowly but he is now 118kg and is still losing.

I don't want to be a killjoy but I would try all natural avenues before resorting to drugs to lose weight

Good Luck
I have tried it for about a month. It didn't really do anything for me. I was not massive either just was having trouble getting "baby weight" off. We all wish that there was a magic pill that made us lose weight but unfortunately if one existed we would all be skinny. Yes Duromine might make you lose weight but for lasting weight loss a life style change is in order meaning a healty diet and exercise. I would have rolled my eyes right now this time last year if I was reading this but 14kgs down I actually enjoy exercise now and it is not a struggle to stay on track because I feel like crap if I don't exercise or if I eat bad. It will suck for the first couple of months but after that you'll be fine. You can't take Duromine for ever and if you aren't fixing the issues then you will just gain it all back.

OUr friend lost 30kg in 4 weeks on Duromine. She was exercising at the same time 2hours a day.

It worked with the weight loss. But it wrecked her kidneys, liver and she needed to get her gall bladder removed. She's ended up putting all the weight back on plus some and her liver/kidney are permanently damaged now.

My hubby was 150kg. He is losing weight the slow and hard way ... through lifestyle eating changes plus exercise. He's lost weight a lot more slowly but he is now 118kg and is still losing.

I don't want to be a killjoy but I would try all natural avenues before resorting to drugs to lose weight

Good Luck

30kgs in one month is massive and soooo designed for health disasters. What did she do, drop the magic pill, pump the exercise, and live off water and crackers. It's lucky she didn't kill herself. huh

I was once percribed this, but after reading the side effects about heart palpatation and other things aling that line, I gave it a miss. I did once have the Xenical, and it was great. It was once perscription but now over the counter. It also helped you to make better food choices. Read up on it and you'll figure that one out, lol wink

Good luck on the weight loss journey, with medical help or without its a slow but rewarding process
I've not long finished 3mths worth and I lost 15 kilos smile The main side affect for me was a dry mouth, had a bit of a headache for first few days and that was probably a combination of the tablet and not enough water. The dry mouth just helped me drink more. I didn't get the excess energy and not sleeping that some people do, which is good. For me, I took to help me kickstart that healthy lifestyle, I needed to stop the silly snacking and crap eating (being a Mum and shift worker Nurse, eating properly was not happening). I lost the weight slowly still, increased my water intake and exercise, reduced my portion sizes and stopped snacking on rubbish. Been off it for about 6 weeks and have not put any back on, and I'm still eating less than I was before I started so i my stomach did readjust in that time.

I have a theory that those who suffer from more side affects are the ones who lose their appetite completely and who can't sleep - lack of food and sleep is sure to send you a bit nutty, so combine that with an amphetamine, and yeah it will affect your mind and body!!!!

And for whoever said they're friend lost 30kilos in 4 weeks - that is a dangerous amount of weight to lose and it is no wonder they ended up with medical issues.

My advice is make sure you get a thorough checkup with your Doctor first and while taking it, drink HEAPS of water and EAT - even if you don't feel like it, make yourself eat something healthy at meal times. If it affects your sleep, try taking it earlier (even if you have to get up at say 5am, take it and then back to sleep until it kicks in), or take it every second day, if worse comes to worse your Doc may give you a sleeping tablet (be wary, thats to mind altering meds then though). Don't do it if you want a miracle without any effort, you need to use the opportunity to change your lifestyle as well!!! Don't let people get you down about it - make your decision and be confident it is right for you. Goodluck with it, pm me if you want to know anymore!!!

im wondering if anyone have just been precribed duromine?

can i ask who your doctor is and what your bmi is ?

mine is over 30 and my doc wont prescribe to me i am trying to get on duromine to help with my weightloss also.

otherwise would you consider selling me a month or so's worth?

my sister used it after her baby and it worked wonders but that was in brisbane and i am in auckland.

thanks alot
Sign in to follow this topic