Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

WHY??? Rss

I'm about ready to throttle DS1. He is 4 years old (turning 5 in about 6 weeks) and totally knows better.

He's taken all of his clothes out of his room... and his blankets and sheets off his bed... and dumped the lot in DS2's room. Additionally, he has pulled all of DS2's clothes out of his drawers, stripped his bed, and dumped half the toys out of the playroom all in the middle of DS2's floor. I am so angry right now. I'm trying to get an assignment done, a 4000-word essay due tomorrow which I haven't even started. I study at a post-graduate level, it is hard, and there have been a whole lot of reasons why I haven't been able to do this assignment yet, most of them are related to the kids. This is my final semester, and I have never failed a unit. Now this semester, we've had to deal with DS2 being sick, in hospital, he's had two surgeries in the last 3 months and anther one around the corner. Of course I've dropped everything at those times, and if I'd been able to forsee it I would have deferred my final semester. He's well at the moment so I have a window of opportunity in which I can maybe FINALLY get my work done, and I don't know how I can possibly get through it. DH is away (FIFO) and the kids are driving me up the bloody wall. I've taken them to the park, the movies, and an entertainment centre in the last week, got different toys out for them to play with, set up the paddling pool... and they still think it's necessary to amuse themselves by trashing the house!! It's hard enough to find the time to do the things I have to do around the house, I swear I do not need this when I have so much on my plate. They are normally great... they play together so nicely and they know the rules! It's not like I don't spend time with them, normally I study at night so I can be available to them during the day, but I have to get it done now. Why do they randomly decide to play up, and why is it always at the most stressful time they could possibly choose to do it??

Anyway sorry for the long and incoherent vent... I have to get back to my work... just couldn't focus until I had a bit of a whinge lol
I will scream with you GRRRRR AAAARRRRGHHHH! angry angry angry best of luck with the studies and getting your son to tidy up!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I will scream with you GRRRRR AAAARRRRGHHHH! angry angry angry best of luck with the studies and getting your son to tidy up!

Lol thankyou smile A virtural scream is almost as good as a real one cool
I just had my third baby and my older two are doing this at the mo thi baby has colic &reflux so takes up a lot of time, they use this time to trash/dirty/destroy everything. Driving me mad!! Thank god for kinder today!! So you're not alone...
Oh poor you.....I totally understand where your coming from!!!!! And, I can totally see me posting a very similar vent this time next year lol!!! Forget about the mess, it will all still be there in 2 days time, make him sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag - he'll either love it, or hate it but won't ever take his sheets off again, take the kids outside and have a cuppa while they play and you chill out. Then you get back into the study and get the assignment knocked off. Or, if not too late get an extension and give yourself a break for a day before getting back into it.

Goodluck, hope the kids settle and you get it done and out the way!!!

Hun - the surgeries and hospital visits are more than enough grounds for an extension. Sounds like you need one. Also sounds like you need to call a few girlfriends for a nice evening out to the movies or something.

deep breath!

Thanks ladies, glad to know I'm not alone - wouldn't wish it on you though lol. I'll post my sympathies to anyone else who wants to vent along smile

Yes I definitely need to chill out! Might get myself a coffee and some chocolate - it's amazing what coffee and chocolate can fix. I'm just reminding myself that I'm almost at the end of it, I've come this far and it will be worth it when I'm finished. Plus, I will appreciate free time like I've never appreciated it before.

Good luck with the little bubs, it sure is hard juggling a bored toddler and a newborn!

I like the sleeping bag idea, might do that smile

Hun - the surgeries and hospital visits are more than enough grounds for an extension. Sounds like you need one. Also sounds like you need to call a few girlfriends for a nice evening out to the movies or something.

deep breath!

I got one for my last assignment in the same unit, it was due the week of his surgery. I thought I could get through without asking for another one, but then he got sick again and went into hospital, which is when we found out he needs the next surgery. I think I might have to ring the co-ordinator and appeal to her compassionate side. She's been really great so far, so I'm sure I'd have no problems. I think I might do that.

I got one for my last assignment in the same unit, it was due the week of his surgery. I thought I could get through without asking for another one, but then he got sick again and went into hospital, which is when we found out he needs the next surgery. I think I might have to ring the co-ordinator and appeal to her compassionate side. She's been really great so far, so I'm sure I'd have no problems. I think I might do that.

You can only ask!!!! I've known plenty of students get extensions on every single assignment and their main reasons for not getting them done on time were social (i.e. too busy getting drunk every weekend/night to study), so your reasons are more than valid lol!!!!

You can only ask!!!! I've known plenty of students get extensions on every single assignment and their main reasons for not getting them done on time were social (i.e. too busy getting drunk every weekend/night to study), so your reasons are more than valid lol!!!!

Haha I had a friend at uni who used to calculate how long overdue his assignment would have to be before he basically couldn't pass... and then party right up until the day before that. He usually passed too, the b@stard. His motto was that if he got 51%, he could have gone to one more party - 49% meant that he went to one too many. Pleased to say I've never been like that lol.

Well the kids just called me to the room to see the good job they did of packing up - and actually they have done a pretty good job. I think they could tell I was angry (so my brick-like subtlety actually hit the mark tongue ) and have whipped their little butts right into gear. I told them they can watch a movie when they've finished, for doing a good job, so I'll take advantage of that time to get started.

Thankyou so much for sharing my vent ladies, you've all made me feel so much better and less stressed smile
Lol, good on them for packing up!!!! Movie is a bonus - good for them and helps you with some peace and quiet lol!!!!

Not long ago my boys did something similar, drew all over the walls (new house) with texta - I was so calm and cool when I told them off but they obviously picked up on how angry and disappointed I was with them because the next morning they'd scrubbed the whole bloody lot off lol - and done a good job of it too. Little rat bags.....wouldn't be without them though would we!!! Goodluck hun, hope you get it done and pass with flying colours (i'm sure you will!).

Lol, good on them for packing up!!!! Movie is a bonus - good for them and helps you with some peace and quiet lol!!!!

Not long ago my boys did something similar, drew all over the walls (new house) with texta - I was so calm and cool when I told them off but they obviously picked up on how angry and disappointed I was with them because the next morning they'd scrubbed the whole bloody lot off lol - and done a good job of it too. Little rat bags.....wouldn't be without them though would we!!! Goodluck hun, hope you get it done and pass with flying colours (i'm sure you will!).

Lol textas are the bane of mothers everywhere!

My theory is that they just like to push the boundaries every once in a while, just to make sure they haven't shifted - a bizarre kind of self-assurance maybe. If I do this and Mum blows a blood vessel then I'll know that nothing's changed. Little punks indeed, but you're right, we wouldn't be without them smile
Sign in to follow this topic