Huggies Forum

is your opinio like mine Lock Rss

Every backyard should have a swing set...lol

Yes!! Lol can't wait to get one for the kiddies but it's gotta be one that can take my weight too wink

grin yep!

We are getting the kids one for xmas, DD is 3.5yrs now so I think that's the perfect age!
Definitely, although until we buy we won't be getting one for dd sad unfortunately our backyard is sloped sad
yes we are going to get one eventually when ds is older and we have a bigger backyard lol
the only negative of the swing set is having one before they can swing on their own.

"Push me, mummy, push me" a million times a day can get old VERY quickly!

At least when you go to the park you stay for a while, push them on the swing and go home when you've had enough. At home, there's no escaping. Arrgh!! cool
Nope! I want to be able to take my kid to a playground for something different. Anybody I know who has a swing set, the kids barely use it. They take up heaps of room and are usually hideous. I don't want that garish yellow and green in my garden! Give me a natural playground anyday!
my two kids have an absolute blast in our garish yellow and green swing set.

mind you, our back yard is filling up very quickly , but i suppose, as long as the little'ns are happy, that s all that matters.
Yep I have one in my garage waiting till the backyard is done to be put up, mind you I only care for children(don't have my own yet) however I decided to get one as I sometimes have four littlies and trying to find a park that is safe for all is hard (I still do other outings like playgroup, music etc) so it will be nice to let them have a play in backyard without stressing! And I'll be looking at getting a rope climbing attachment for my two that live to climb everything they are not ment to!! We do have one tree in our yard that can be used to climb as well so that's great, just need to get yard child safe smile

Nope! I want to be able to take my kid to a playground for something different. Anybody I know who has a swing set, the kids barely use it. They take up heaps of room and are usually hideous. I don't want that garish yellow and green in my garden! Give me a natural playground anyday!

Ha ha - you sound a bit like me, nope if it doesn't match the house I don't want it!!!! laugh I think a sandpit is going to be used more when DD is older and a treehut is an absolute neccessity IMO.
I think so!
My family had one when we were kids, my cousins all had one, my grandparents had one at their place too - and they were all used constantly until we were too old!
Thankfully, the house we're in (we rent) has one cemented into the ground - and my kids love it, it's awesome!

They also still love going to the playground as all the equipment is very different, and therefore still a very fun place to go!
yes if you have room- luckily we do- we got a free swing set on the side of the road which had a sign saying FREE and got a slippery dip for $10 at a garage sale.The boys are way too big for it now but its good for their little cousin when she comes over.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic