Huggies Forum

Ear Piercing Lock Rss

I'm pretty angry with those parents that get their baby done. (sparked by a person on my facebook just getting her 1month old done)
It's a baby. I don't care if you think it looks cute, you're deliberately inflicting pain on them. Why? I can't stand getting her shots done, let alone doing that.
I see it as child abuse.

Wait til they're older & can ask for it to be done.

Discuss?

I don't agree with it either. Children are not a fashion accessory. There would be outrage if you did it to a dog.....

Why on earth you would want to stick a hole in your babies precious adorable skin to show off a piece of metal is totally beyond me.
I agree with skip it never ends well..
lol ok Skippy!

how do I shut it down?

This thread gets nasty very quick. If i were u id shut it down.

people could just avoid making personal attacks instead. We shouldn't really be at a point where we can't discuss controversial topics because people MAY resort to individual personal attacks.

Controversial topics are that for a reason. They should be discussed, not suppressed so people aren't put out by their own choices.
Yeah this topic will surely get heated, as other ear piercing threads have done in the past.

For me i dont really care weather other parents pierce their kids ears or not.
My girls are not done yet, and i dont know when they will be.
If thats what a parent wants to do then thats thier business.
And i dont think its child abuse.

Yeah this topic will surely get heated, as other ear piercing threads have done in the past.

For me i dont really care weather other parents pierce their kids ears or not.
My girls are not done yet, and i dont know when they will be.
If thats what a parent wants to do then thats thier business.
And i dont think its child abuse.

Exactly what I wnated to say :)Just because I am not getting DD done anytime soon doesn't mean I care when over people choose to get them done. I just can't see the point, I have enough things to keep clean and worry about without having to look after earrings!

I agree. People cant help themselves tho as is proven time and time agagin over many years

not on all forums..... wink
I agree with skippy to shut it down. Some topics should never be posted up.

I think its the whole calling it child abuse that will make people go for the throat blink

I don't really think people should be so focused on anyone else's children unless it was actually something to worry about.

If you don't like piercings, don't do it smile
Seems that everything someone does can be classed as child abuse to someone who doesn't agree. So instead of caring what other people to with their children just focus on your own and don't 'abuse' them. Simple. Other peoples kids and how they are raised, dressed, taught is none of your business.

Edit: I thought I'd add that my Mum got my FIRST set done at 5 weeks. Second set when I was about 5. Which one do you think I remember? Here's a clue - It wasn't the first set.
Some things are better to get done at such a young age if you're wanting to do it. But if you don't then don't slam others for it. It's an individual choice and not up for debate with strangers.

Sign in to follow this topic