Huggies Forum

so its a done deal Lock Rss

hi - where did you find the calculator?

someone posted it on here a few months ago, so not sure

someone posted it on here a few months ago, so not sure

hmmm will have a hunt around. Thanks anyway

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

I think this is it.

Link.

I think this is it.

Link.

thanks, I just had a go on the estimator and was told

'The household situation described by the information you have entered is not covered by the scenarios used by this Estimator'

(didnt think we were that unusual, SAHM, DH, 3 kids under 6 and currently on 1 income...)

so none the wiser really lol <span class="emoticon rolleyes">roll eyes</span>

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

I think poor Julia put the nail in her own coffin with her " there will be no carbon tax under a govermemt I lead" comment. I don..t sh will be p.m afterthe next election! I have to wonder ifthis will make people stop and think about how they vote though....hmmm I doubt it.

thanks, I just had a go on the estimator and was told

'The household situation described by the information you have entered is not covered by the scenarios used by this Estimator'

(didnt think we were that unusual, SAHM, DH, 3 kids under 6 and currently on 1 income...)

so none the wiser really lol roll eyes

I did find out we will be $3 better off- thanks, wont even pay for a coffee

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I did find out we will be $3 better off- thanks, wont even pay for a coffee

My DH did the calculator thingy and we will get a $3 rebate too... So she can say we are one of the families that is 'better off' but when our electricity bill is already double what it was 18mths ago and that is before the carbon tax I can't really see what $3 is going to do for our family... She really is a mole isn't she!
don't forget it will effect us in ways you probably have not even thought of such as food being more expensive due to transport, and council rates being more expensive as councils will have to cover their costs too.
What I want to know is how they'll work out the government rebate amounts. I always over estimate our income with centerlink by $10-$15k to give us a buffer in case DH changes jobs/DH's yearly pay increase is greater than we expected/I end up having a small amount of income. Based on our estimate with centerlink (according to the clean energy future estimator) we'd get $440ish dollars with the government payment but on our ACTUAL income its more like $280 that we should get, assuming things don't change with our current income rate. I guess I'm just going to have to pay back that extra money at tax time out of my supplement payments.

Leisa.

I guess it will be even more of a rip off like all their other harebrained ideas which sounded good but weren't like the insulation and BER debacles which only lined the pockets of those companies

A bit like the liberal parties lies and BS about GST and work choices. Unfortunately all governments are the same...they lie and feed the public BS to get elected...Its a luck of the draw really as to who will cause the least amount of harm to the least amount of people and the voting public dont always get it right. And we do have to accept that they are only human and humans are essentially flawed and so will make flawed decisions...it sucks that their choices effect us all. And among the bad decisions have come many good ones like removing Work Choices and the fact that our country was saved from most of the devastating effects of the global financial crisis because of decisions made by our government.

well thats just lovely then she's a liar and we are paying for it

Well WA always has most votes for liberal its the other states that majority vote labour and bring them in ..... all the ppl in WA like liberal.... im of that opinion too but not much u can do but cast ur vote and hope it makes a difference... but just doesnt seem to hey!

I like liberal becos we werent in debt when they were in for the long haul they got rid of all the debts labour ran up and labour has been in for awhile and ran debts back up by spending money we dont have!!! .... and if liberal come back in they have to get us out of debt again and start over.... I liked aus being a debt free country bring that back!!!

don't forget it will effect us in ways you probably have not even thought of such as food being more expensive due to transport, and council rates being more expensive as councils will have to cover their costs too.

Yep, everything has a domino affect. Sure they say they will offer us rebates and all that but food, petrol and so forth will go right up even if not actually directly carbon taxed.

The government is a joke and the thing is even if Tony Abott gets voted in claiming he will remove it, a million bucks says he leaves it in place. They never go back on a tax or if they do the prices don't drop.

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

Sign in to follow this topic