Huggies Forum

so its a done deal Rss

I fully support doing what we can for the Environment, but this "Carbon Tax' is not the way to do it. It is a joke, cop out and will do nothing to reduce emissions and save the planet.

As for Johnny and the GST, there is nothing wrong with the GST as such, it was a good move - what they still need to do is get rid of stamp duty and levies and a few other ridiculous double dipping taxes. And Johnny had changed to say there was a GST BEFORE he got re elected, therefore he did not get elected based on a lie like Julia.

Julia is an idiot. A twit. And so is her little mate Rudd - a total slimeball and I still cannot believe so many people feel for him with that silly Kevin 07 campaign.

Julia is an idiot. A twit. And so is her little mate Rudd - a total slimeball and I still cannot believe so many people feel for him with that silly Kevin 07 campaign.

He paid for that silly 'Kevin '07' thing - it got parodied the crap out of. "Kevin '07 gone by '11" was my personal favourite laugh

I fully support doing what we can for the Environment, but this "Carbon Tax' is not the way to do it. It is a joke, cop out and will do nothing to reduce emissions and save the planet.

As for Johnny and the GST, there is nothing wrong with the GST as such, it was a good move - what they still need to do is get rid of stamp duty and levies and a few other ridiculous double dipping taxes. And Johnny had changed to say there was a GST BEFORE he got re elected, therefore he did not get elected based on a lie like Julia.

exactly, if this carbon tax was such a great idea then why hasn't any other country done it? maybe cause it's a load of bs and they can see that...

i would honestly be ashamed if i was julia and i am emabaressed that she is our pm.

kevin 07 gone by 11...classic laugh

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

Gillard and Howard both did the same thing, made a promise then changed their minds. the only difference is Howard took his change of mind to an election and people still voted for him.

not sure how old alot of the forum users are, but does anyone remember what the state of the country was prior to Howard being in for 11 years? when labour was in power? i was only young but the effect they had on our family was devastating in the lat 80's. can you imagine having interest rates at 17%!! and the debt they racked up, we almost got sold to the arabs!! then in came the liberals when the country was fed up with labor and they got us out of the sh!t, got us back in the black, got interest rates down so we can all go and buy our homes again and alot more...

then we get short memories and say give someone else a go, Kevin 07 sounds like a good idea, so why not! well, we found out why not, and found out the hard way! sure, everyone loved him, he was handing out money to us all, he looked like the good guy, but it was our money that would not have been there had it not been for howard taking that little bit extra when everyone could afford it!

so, history will repeat itself, labor will do the damage again, hopefully not to the same extent as they did last time, then liberal will come back into power, fix what was broke, get the country back into a much better state and hopefully the same cycle wont happen again. the carbon tax is just another thing for liberal to fix.
You are a wise woman justonemore=3 ... You put it absolutely perfectly. Yes people have short memories .. And unfortunately people Are suckers for handouts

But he got rid of debt DIDNT RUN IT UP!!!! That is all Labour is good for increasing our debt!!

I think atleast the money went to repaying our debts aus had from when labour was in government.... and how much debt they run up that takes a LONNNNGGGGG time to get rid of!!!

you do realise we're on the brink of another global financial crisis? Many western countries have trillion dollar debts and some are close to bankruptcy. The Labor government is actually doing a pretty good job when you look at what's going on in the world.

I'm really sick of Tony Abbott's constant whinging. I think the Liberals are bringing business and consumer confidence down with their rants about how we're all so much worse off. I'm not, none of my friends or people I know are struggling to make ends meet. Yes prices are going up, but it's a global trend.

The thing is those Liberal Negative Nancies don’t actually have any policies or ideas. All they do is criticise and block all of Labor’s ideas and then they have to make amendments to them and end up with half-arsed policies.

the only reason the money was there was because of howard. all labour has done was make debt. so it was easy for him to hand out money left right and centre. what would he of done if the liberals hadn't saved so much money?

the only reason Howard had the money was because he sold off government assets (which would be bringing money in atm) and cut spending to essential services such as health and education.

can you imagine having interest rates at 17%!! and the debt they racked up,

I remember the 17% interest rates, except the government has nothing to do with interest rates....

I remember the 17% interest rates, except the government has nothing to do with interest rates....

A friend of mine had a home loan at that time and was able to pay it off on a single (nurse's) wage and still live comfortably. Houses were much cheaper back then and prices lower.
The government have everything to do with interest rates actually..... its affected by the ecconomy.

Sign in to follow this topic