Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. nothing could have prepared me.....

nothing could have prepared me..... Rss

for how much dirty washing one little baby can create!!!!!

Not only his own things, but thanks to little man's little accidents and a boobie leaking incident I am on my forth tee shirt today - and its only early afternoon!

I am in awe of you ladies with more than one child to wash up after.

Just sayin wink
So true! They do get cleaner (well, sort of - maybe my standards are just lower!) as they get older, DD#1 usually only needs one set of clothes a day now. DD#2 has reflux, need I say more? smile
Yes ive been doing washing today aswell including the carseat cover..dd has been throwing up a few times today sad

At least your bubs isnt sick wink
It's amazing how much mess 1 little person makes isn't it! laugh laugh I have 2 and seriously i'm sure I spend half my life washing blink Can only imagine whar it will be like when we decide to have another!
How is your precious little bundle going?

Yes ive been doing washing today aswell including the carseat cover..dd has been throwing up a few times today sad

At least your bubs isnt sick wink

Oh your poor dd sad Hope she's feeling better soon. Cleaning up car seats and trying to get the smell out of the car is the worst!

Hi! Yes they do create a lot of washing! My dd1 had very bad reflux and for the first few weeks I would continually change my shirt, but that soon stopped as I realised it ws pointless and was just going to dirty a new one half an hour later! Around the house I just wore old t-shirts, and kept the same one on all day - by the end of the day I did smell very badly of vomit, but in my opinion there's no point having 5 shirts dirty and smelling when you can just have one! Like PP said, they do get cleaner, and your standards definately lower!!! Enjoy your new little man!
I think I go threw about 3 kilos of washing powder a week my kids are lil grots plus dp lol.
Dd2 had reflux really bad as a bub so it was non stop for ten long months sad
So my washing has dropped back in the padt 5 months since dd2 grew out of reflux but I still do a load or two a day dd1 goes threw out fit changes all day I'm gathering it's a lil girl thing and she pops what she has worn for ten seconds in the machine if she hears it going blink
I taught her too well I think.
Jas I hope lil angel cakes is better soon specially for her bday Monday big hugs for her hon xxx
Yes there is always mountains of washing, but you'll find your standards drop over time. A wet tshirt will dry out, stains - well your bound to get one on your top some time before you leave the house, and ironing well that will become an activity prior to big events only. Enjoy these first few eeks, they are precious.
I'm with the PP . I think my standards have gotten lower LOL. As they get older, they do get cleaner. Only one change of clothes a day.... Mostly. I found if I kept a bib on my babies constantly... Although it's not too attractive, I could cut down on changing clothes. And towels under heads in the cot, to catch the puke to cut down on sheet washing and changes.

Have fun! At least the warmer weather is more helpful with drying, on the bright side.

3 girls are enough...the shop is now shut!

Oh your poor dd sad Hope she's feeling better soon. Cleaning up car seats and trying to get the smell out of the car is the worst!

Good thing the cover came off wink but can still smell it on the straps despite wiping it off. Thanks hun..I hope so too, it was so random as she doesnt have any signs of a cold..must be a bug sad

Lil bugs ~ Thanks sweets wink

I'm with the PP . I think my standards have gotten lower LOL. As they get older, they do get cleaner. Only one change of clothes a day.... Mostly. I found if I kept a bib on my babies constantly... Although it's not too attractive, I could cut down on changing clothes. And towels under heads in the cot, to catch the puke to cut down on sheet washing and changes.

Have fun! At least the warmer weather is more helpful with drying, on the bright side.

I'm with the bib thing as well I even still tuck a tea towel into dd1 shirts (she is three ) si I don't gave to be washing even more after she has eaten.
Aw all this talk of throwing up babies make me miss mine as babie sad I have a house full of toddlers now sob sob lol
The amount of clothes i fold yesterday was too many. And i wash more clothes yesterday along with our towels.

When we have the next one that all i be doing.

Sign in to follow this topic