Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Throw your...... Rss

DD's teacher is having a baby and leaving at the end of the year. So we are putting together a little surprise for her with photos of the kids in her class as babies, and some "advice" or "tips" to do with having kids or newborns in particular.

So throw your best advice or tip at me!!! Been too long since I had little bubbas, I can't remember anything! LOL! laugh

"Great things are achieved not by strength, but by perseverance"
The only advice i find good is don't listen to anyone only you know whats best for your baby.

Make sure you got spare batteries near your camera. So you can go crazy taking photos

really useful links:
the crying baby checklist

the Raising Children Network

BabyBliss routines

Pregnancy, Birth & Baby Information

Advice: If your bub is getting to you, put him/her in his/her cot and go outside for 5 min.
Not exactly a tip, nor advice, more a fun thing ....

someone once said to me she took a photo of her DD every sunday for the first few months, then she took a photo on the first day of every month.
She made sure her DD lay/sat/stood in the same place in her house for each photo.

She could then look back on the photos and see the growth/changes in her DD.

Wish i had done it !
find some cheap towels to keep on hand as burping cloths. You can never have too many daggy towels for mess cleaning up. (The 'BIG SOFTIES' cloth nappies from target would be good on special.) Also, if you have to clean up a big mess just use them to soak it up then chuck them in the bin.

Always make sure the child is not about to sneeze when putting food of any kind in their mouth!!! lol. I learnt that the hard way.

simple sandwhiches of ham,cheese,mayo or ham + tomato etc freeze really well (put any sauces or tomato in between the meat). So make a stack up and freeze them so you always have an easy lunch and wont go without.
*also good to put in lunchbox for DP or other children to keep their lunch box cool.

If breast feeding always keep a bottle of water on hand to sip. My midwife told me it helps with milk production as well as all round health. I didn't get to test out if it works for milk (cause I didn't feed for long) but it deffinately helps my skin! grin

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

DD's teacher is having a baby and leaving at the end of the year. So we are putting together a little surprise for her with photos of the kids in her class as babies, and some "advice" or "tips" to do with having kids or newborns in particular.

So throw your best advice or tip at me!!! Been too long since I had little bubbas, I can't remember anything! LOL! laugh

I think its lovely you are all putting together a surprise gift for her... but I would stick with a gift - not advice... even though well intended... how do you feel when someone gives advice you havent asked for?

Its a bit like your MIL telling you this that and the other when you are pregnant with your first... well that's my take anyway... people assume because its your first baby you have no idea - and you dont LOL BUT you think you do smile
Do whatever it takes to keep your sanity laugh laugh
Make the most of every moment as they grow up way too quickly and dotn stay little for long.

Listen to others advice but try only what you feel is right for you and bubs.

Sign in to follow this topic