Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What is you most favourite book?

What is you most favourite book? Lock Rss

I really love reading and spend awhile each night unwinding by reading a book in bed, however I have run out of books so I need some inspiration please.

What are good books you have read...?

I love all sorts but at the moment chick lit and light reading
I have always loved The flowers in the attic series by virginia andrews. They have been my favourite for as long as I can remember blink
I love Kane and Abel by Jeffery Archer and another one I really enjoyed was The time travelers wife by Audrey Niffenegger.

Those are two that I re-read on a very regular basis.

I am in the process of starting the True Blood books too...still on #1, so difficult to get into!
a friend years ago recommended The Beach, by Alex Gowen...still love it...great adventure and heaps better than the movie. I would love some recommendations too.... they are so expensive though. Is it cheaper to download them on those Kindle things?
Spot..gotta love those books with flaps laugh laugh j/k
Not my favourite book ever, that's too hard to say, but Mia Freedman's autobiography Mama Mia is a light fun read.

For those who find books too expensive (me) I use my local library. I know it may not be an option for everyone, but if you have one near where you live check it out. smile
Not my favourite book ever, that's too hard to say, but Mia Freedman's autobiography Mama Mia is a light fun read.

well I am only part way through and it is light so far.

For those who find books too expensive (me) I use my local library. I know it may not be an option for everyone, but if you have one near where you live check it out. smile
sorry i meant to edit my reply, not repeat it !
ok.. best book in the world- it is a series, but the book is called

The Bronze Horseman
by Paullina Simons.

It will have you laughing, crying, dying of suspense, jealous as hell & hoping that somewhere the story is actually true.

The 4th book is a cook book too smile mmm russian food lol.

Seriously- read it. Stick with it past the first few chapters, it starts a little slow- but you need the info for the rest of the book.

Kmart sells it for about $20.

If it were a movie I would be on the lounge with my red wine, chocolate & box of tissues.

Or even a tv series. That would be cooler.

There is one other book she wrote, only a small one- 11 hours. I thought this was fantastic too. I haven't been able to push through her other books (Tully, etc)..

Can I also suggest Game of Thrones by George RR Martin? the series is 'Songs of Ice & Fire'. The first book has been made into a tv series.. with Sean (bean? -Boromir from Lord of the Rings- always get confused with the other Sean (Samwise Gamgee lol)) & that hot guy from Star Trek lol.

I dont have a favourite book but love anything by jodie picoult, erica spindler, di morrisey(sp) or james patterson

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

well I am only part way through and it is light so far.

I've read that book and really enjoyed it, I often use the library or buy off fishpond or trademe, never buy a book full price.. so expensive!
Sign in to follow this topic