Huggies Forum

Idiotic Things Parents Do Rss

Police regularly do RBTs and lisence checks in my area and I was pulled over for 1 today. While waiting for them to do my lisence check a ford falcon was signaled to pull over in front of me and I watched as a woman (40s?) got out of the driver door, a woman (20s?) got out of the passenger door FEEDING A BABY! and a man (20s?) and 4 KIDS! -all looked between 3 and 6- got out the back! gasp
The couple across the road from me -both in their 30s- are constantly chain smoking in the car with front windows half down with their 3 kids -10, 6 and 3- in the back with the back windows up unsure
WTF!!! How can people be so irresponsible?!?
U know what bugs me!

When mothers try and "beat" cars when they cross the street ir car park. Makes me so cranky. If they have a toddler he or she could trip or if varying a baby the could fall wether they get hit is not is another thing. Y not wait the five seconds for the car to pass?

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

A few years back we saw a couple and their baby out for a run. The husband was pushing the three wheeler pram and they'd stopped on an island (the lights including a designated crossing were less then 5 metres away). When the first cars had passed they took off but the front wheel wasn't locked. It swung out and the poor baby went face first onto the road. They then had to scramble as more cars were coming. We could hear the poor thing screaming for ages as we were out for a walk at the same time. They didn't even get him out of the pram, just kept on with their run. :/

And just recently, a woman had her baby in a trolley in a car park, let go of it so she could chat to her friends and it started rolling away. I was driving past and actually screamed! Stupid woman! Thankfully it was a relatively slow day so not too many people driving around looking for a spot.

I hate the It-will-never-happen-to-me mentality. I just hope for the sake of their kids nothing ever does happen.

Ahh yes this pips me off too!!

I'm soo careful when I drive, even when I am the only one in the car!

My DF always gets a bit ratty at me when I wait for a bigger gap or drive slower entering an Expressway. It annoys me because I am being cautious but not overly that I become a dangerous driver!

Yesterday while I was in the car a lady pulled up next to me, having a smoke with a baby in a rear facing car seat sad

SOme people don't think seriously.
Or they come from between parked cars pushing their prams/stroller or with their lil ones walking beside them and just continue walking across without even looking for cars driving through. I have seen many close calls and have myself had a couple -while driving not walking- even doing less than 5ks as they just step out in front of you zebra crossing or not!
A little while ago a lady kept walking across the zebra crossing pushing a pram without stopping to check it was safe and this 4x4 ran over her pram. Luckily she was holding the baby at the time and her handbag was in the pram!
I've nearly had my pram hit when I was obviously on the crossing. Not entering, several steps in and stupid idiots keep on driving because I'm not on 'their side' of the road. I've also seem others nearly get hit while on the crossing. Surely stopping for 20 seconds isn't going to cause a major delay in whatever they were doing? Better to wait then risk hitting someone right?

Isn't it actually illegal now to smoke in a car when there are kids in there?

I grew up with big smokers for parents and that sh*t disgusts me now. I used to HATE being suck with my parents in confined spaces for that reason (ie cars). I would probably report them, but I am so anti-smoking.

I was in England a few months ago and was eating lunch in a shopping centre cafe - there were two kids - about 4 + 6 years old playing on those machines that go round and round and they were being right brats and no parents in sight. A mum came up and her child paid money to use the machine and the two brats were jumping on the roof and the mum of the kid having the ride ending up taking her kid out of it because of these two feral children. I was appalled. I was looking around for the parents and there were none. When the security guard came, I saw the kids run off. I think they went into a toy store, a few minutes later they are running through the centre again with what I can only imagine were stolen goods.

Anyhoo - my point is - where the heck were the parents!? Obviously no one was looking for them and I had been watching their antics for over 15 minutes. Some parents need a lesson in child raising that's for sure.

A few years back we saw a couple and their baby out for a run. The husband was pushing the three wheeler pram and they'd stopped on an island (the lights including a designated crossing were less then 5 metres away). When the first cars had passed they took off but the front wheel wasn't locked. It swung out and the poor baby went face first onto the road. They then had to scramble as more cars were coming. We could hear the poor thing screaming for ages as we were out for a walk at the same time. They didn't even get him out of the pram, just kept on with their run. :/

And just recently, a woman had her baby in a trolley in a car park, let go of it so she could chat to her friends and it started rolling away. I was driving past and actually screamed! Stupid woman! Thankfully it was a relatively slow day so not too many people driving around looking for a spot.

I hate the It-will-never-happen-to-me mentality. I just hope for the sake of their kids nothing ever does happen.

I think shopping trolleys should have a break. They are so hard to control and im always afraid ill be putting shopping in the boot of my car and the stupid thing will roll away with dd in it. I have these chain links that I attach to dds stroller or the trolley and then the toys I bring for her so they dont get lost. I now link them to myself and the trolley handle while I load the car so I at least have warning if it starts to roll.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I have seen many people with prams/strollers waiting to cross the road, and keep themself safe by standing on the footpath, but have their pram on the road!

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

This happened to me last year.

Hubby was driving in front of me and i was behind in our new car (well new to us). 2 kids ran between our 2 cars i hit the brake and hit the horn. And the mother gave me the finger. Lucky i was only doing 40 but come on they not the only ones that got a fright.

But i have seen at least 7 people hop out of a car- it was next door neighbour.

I think shopping trolleys should have a break. They are so hard to control and im always afraid ill be putting shopping in the boot of my car and the stupid thing will roll away with dd in it. I have these chain links that I attach to dds stroller or the trolley and then the toys I bring for her so they dont get lost. I now link them to myself and the trolley handle while I load the car so I at least have warning if it starts to roll.

Thats a great idea! We live in the hills and there is no flat carpark at any supermarket. Trying to balance shopping, a toddler and a kid is a nightmare as there is nowhere you can park it near a car where it isn't on a hill.

Our local Coles in Melbourne have trolleys with brakes already. Fantastic!
Sign in to follow this topic