Huggies Forum

Pointless winge Rss

So we have been invited to two weddings both overseas. One is a very close friend. There is no way we can afford too go. Flights, accommodation, spending money ect not too mention the long flights with two little ones, jet lag and everything else that comes with it. I understand it THEIR day its obviously their choice on how and where they do it, but don't have a bitching sook that hardly anyone can attend. Yes, it may be cost affective for you and a beautiful holiday after the big day.. But seriously too have the nerve too be upset and angry that more than half your expected guest cannot attend is a tad cheeky! Don't send out an email informing people how disappointed and upset you regarding the number of guest who will not be attending. Yes, I would love too be there helping you celebrate a great milestone and new chapter in your life BUT I am no million air and simply cannot afford it!! If you want all your family and friends at your big day, maybe have your wedding in Australia!! Rant over ..
oh i know how you feel smile like you said its thei big day and they have every right to have it overseas if they want to, but to winge about ppl not attanding is a bit rich! we had this issue with my ex-step sister..shes having it in vanuatu, so for overseas its relatively cheap but still hardly anyone can afford it which is dissapointing (she hasnt had a bitch about it tho she expected ppl to not be able to make it so shes having a little 'welcome home to the married couple' celebration after they get back which theyre paying for. i feel for you it must be very irritating x

So we have been invited to two weddings both overseas. One is a very close friend. There is no way we can afford too go. Flights, accommodation, spending money ect not too mention the long flights with two little ones, jet lag and everything else that comes with it. I understand it THEIR day its obviously their choice on how and where they do it, but don't have a bitching sook that hardly anyone can attend. Yes, it may be cost affective for you and a beautiful holiday after the big day.. But seriously too have the nerve too be upset and angry that more than half your expected guest cannot attend is a tad cheeky! Don't send out an email informing people how disappointed and upset you regarding the number of guest who will not be attending. Yes, I would love too be there helping you celebrate a great milestone and new chapter in your life BUT I am no million air and simply cannot afford it!! If you want all your family and friends at your big day, maybe have your wedding in Australia!! Rant over ..

I totally agree! My Aunt decided to get married in Fiji and then was shocked when we said we wouldnt be able to attend - hello, not everyone is money bags blink

Some people are a bit thick hey smile
Fair enough, you cant sh!t money out of your a$$ roll eyes
This is what happens when people choose to get married overseas..they cant expect everyone thats invited to be there due to different circumstances in their life..whether its family, money etc.
I can believe she is b**ching about it! My brother just got married in Hawaii (he married an American so they got married half way between) and it cost us close to $10,000 to go by the time we paid for flights, accom, meals, spending money etc! Believe me, if it wasn't my brother we would not have gone!

I had a cousin get married overseas a few years ago and she completely understood that we couldn't go.

DH's cousin just got engaged and will be getting married interstate and we are even thinking that we may not be able to go to it (money is super tight after hawaii).

Tell her to wake up to herself and the world doesn't revolve around her wedding! smile smile
I think that it's a bit off she is having a bitch that people can't attend. Surely you'd take that into consideration when deciding to have an overseas wedding!

We got married in Broome during peak season and thought the cost of travel would mean some people wouldnt be able to make it and were counting on that fact to stick to our budget. We got a bit of a shock though when nearly everyone came as they saw it as a good opportunity for a holiday.
Thanks ladies, glad I'm not the only one who thinks her attitude towards her wedding is a little selfish. I was a little shocked at her disappointment, I thought she would understand when planning an overseas wedding that many people cannot afford it.. But then again, she is a very me me me person... My way or the highway kind of girl. So I wont be to suprised if she actually cuts ties with some people over this. Which is sad. I feel for the bridesmaids not only do they have too pay for their own flights, accomadation they are also paying for their shoes, dress, hair and make up.. Rude much?!!
Yes, that is very selfish to complain! I know someone who wanted to get married overseas so they just invited their immediate families so they could pay for their flights & accom. Much more sensible to me!
ome of my bridesmaids got married in thailand just 4 weeks after my wedding. i told her from the get go that because of our wedding there was no way we could afford to go to her....

she was fine with it and also said that they planned their wedding overseas with the understanding that most people couldnt come but those few that could was more than enough.

she had a great attitude.......... i find it really odd when people behave like that, i mean is she silly ???? surely she would have to understand some peoples situations.

my brother planned a wedding 5 weeks before myne after only being with the girl for a month and i flat out had to decline going to his wedding as it was interstate (he lives interstate). i was really mad at him though cos he knew when my wedding was it had been in the making at that stage for 12 months and he planned his just weeks before myne, even if it was a week after myne we could of gone and that would have been better. i really wanted to go but i was working 2 jobs as it was just to pay for our own lol

some people should get their heads out of their backsides and realise we arent made of money....
Sign in to follow this topic