Huggies Forum

Family stickers on cars Lock Rss

I thought the baby on board signs were so people weren't so prone to tailgate you blink

I thought the baby on board signs were so people weren't so prone to tailgate you blink

Yes well you'd think hey. But unfortunately you get these tossers who still do it..especially trucks sad

Yes well you'd think hey. But unfortunately you get these tossers who still do it..especially trucks sad

Yeah trucks can especially be the worst sometimes. I hate tailgaters with a passion. Dh just slows down to an unbearably low speed when they do laugh

Yeah trucks can especially be the worst sometimes. I hate tailgaters with a passion. Dh just slows down to an unbearably low speed when they do laugh

LMAO thats what I do! laugh laugh Man truckies can drive like maniacs wacko
I agree that some truck drives drive CRAZY. It used to annoy me heaps. Then I married a truckie and have since driven in the truck with him. Sadly and scarily truck drivers have only so much control over such a large vehicle (esp brakes) and cant always pull up/swerve quickly. Since driving in the truck I have noticed how poorly car drivers can drive and "cut off" or "zip in front" of trucks. The worst is when a truck is trying to turn and a car in the next lane doesnt allow the truck room to turn with ease.

Truck drivers can be annoying, but if you slow down infront of or brake suddenly infront of a truck sadly even the best truck driver will hit you and in a smaller car, you will be the worst off.If your in a lane next to a turning truck always be a bit behind and not right next to it (if its massive). Its always safer to be behind a truck rather than infront of one even if it adds a few more mins onto your drive!
Lol I know how it can be my father in law is a truck driver.

I think people who drive either trucks, cars, motorbikes etc etc are no better then one another. I don't think a majority of the population know how to drive properly anymore blink

Lol I know how it can be my father in law is a truck driver.

I think people who drive either trucks, cars, motorbikes etc etc are no better then one another. I don't think a majority of the population know how to drive properly anymore blink

Too true wink

That may or may not be true, I dont know, but supposing it is, do you really think that most people take down the 'baby on board' every time they go out without baby? I think if a car was in an accident and there was a baby/child seat the ambos/resuce people would look for a child regardless of whether there was a baby on board sign. Pointless in my opinion.

Agree totally. If this was the case, then the whole family stickers that everyone hates would be better, as you would see how many children were in the family. BUT, how many times do you go out without the entire family in the car? It's pointless. The emergency services DO NOT go searching for baby on board stickers, just to see if a baby MIGHT be in a car. As to it being for not tailgating.... why would a crazy driver, drive anymore carefully when a child is in the car in front of them? This would NOT change someone's bad driving habits. The number of times I see a big 4WD, with a baby on board sticker, driving so fast and erratically is crazy. Maybe the sticker is meant to mean, 'I'm a distracted mum, shouting at my kid in the back, rushing them to an important soccer game, so you better not get too close as I may hit you'.????

Eve75

It is true! Everyone can drive badly! The advantage trucks do have is their radio system, which I have listened to before. When a Car annoys them SOME truckies get on their radio system and tell the make/model/rego of the car to other truckies. This is heard by anyone in the their region. Then the other truckies give that car hell when they come across them. Fair?No. Illegal? Not Sure. But it really DOES happen! Its like a club for them where they have support from other truckies! I want to add NOT ALL TRUCK DRIVERS DO THIS OR PARTICIPATE but the crazy ones do and I've heard it all alot!

but the crazy ones do and I've heard it all alot!

Yep I agree..you have good truckies and bad truckies.
There have been a few times I'd be driving and have this impatient reckless twat truckie behind me driving that close it scares the crap out of me! blink

Haha from stickers to truckies LOL
Incidentally... did anybody see the episode of Dexter where the Trinity killer used the info on one of those family stickers to lure and abduct the little boy?

If you're going to do it... FFS don't put names! That's just idiotic. (To be fair, I have only seen 1 or 2 with names, most are blank, but every time I see them I think of that episode. How much do you really want complete strangers to know about you?)

That may or may not be true, I dont know, but supposing it is, do you really think that most people take down the 'baby on board' every time they go out without baby? I think if a car was in an accident and there was a baby/child seat the ambos/resuce people would look for a child regardless of whether there was a baby on board sign. Pointless in my opinion.

I had the exact same thought when I read the story. Im pretty sure rescuers would see a casual or car seat. And it could put their lives at risk to check longer for a child simply because of a baby on board sign when not all people with them would only have it up with a child in the car. Silly.

When I first saw those my family stickers I thought awe cute I might get some. Then I started noticing them EVERYWHERE! I decided that a. They were lame like franjipany stickers and b. I didn't really want crazy child abductors or peds knowing I have a child. There are some sick freaks out there and the less info they have the better.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Sign in to follow this topic