Huggies Forum

Big W Online Lay-bys Rss

Just saw a news report on the fact that Big W wont be able to fill the lay bys that were ordered in the mid year toy sale online, many of which were for Christmas presents.

Is anyone on here being affected by this? They said there were approximately 700 lay bys that would not be available before christmas. I know I remember a heap of people were talking about making lay bys online.

How disappointing. Imagine all those poor parents having to either fork out double right before Christmas or have their kids go without. Even if they eventually get their money back I know how tight money gets for some at this time of the year.

Christmas can already be stressful without this added to it sad
I heard this too but don't understand as I placed an order three weeks ago and got it a week ago so I've been lucky but I don't get why the poor organised people are missing out sad

there is a whole facebook group about it: big w ruined christmas.....crazy to read peoples comments in there!!!

I'm soooo unorganised and going tomorrow to get DD's gifts from us and santa...but in my defence this is the first time i have been able to have DD babysit by the inlaws so i can and get her gifts without her....my inlaws and my family dont live in the same city as us sad

It is sad, Big W are 8 days behind in there deliveries and working there asses off to get them out. They just have way too much they cant handle, which is sad for the families who will be affected
Target was said to upset custumers too. Mine wasn't even there. I was stunned. I went in to pay the last dollar on it. Had 3 presents for the boys & had to stand there for about 30 minutes to be told that they had to pull the items off the shelf or from other un paided laybys.

Lucky they had the items because 1 of the items my mum had paided for. Mine was online layby in the town an hour away. The staff were so nice & i couldn't be maded with them

I don't blame customers for starting up these type of pages because you take the time to collect these toys & to be told after you payed for it that they can't supply the item is just bad service.

I laybuyed a cubby at big w online, spent $1000 on it and had it paid off by the first week in october. My delivery dates have come and gone. The aust post website tracking number says it was sent to a post wearhouse back in mid november, but when i called aust post, they dont have anything with that number ? Then i called big w , they keep telling me someone will call me back, but no call. Its 4 sleeps till christmas and only 2 working post days left. We are outside the metro area, so delivery would normally only take a few days extra, which means if they found my cubby, it still wont get here for christmas. I got this for my 2 girls. Im just so glad i got their other (small) items from kmart. So atleast they get to open 2 small gifts each - which is more than some ? But how do you loose a cubby worth $1000 ??? I guess its 'teathing problems' and maybe they will be better organised next your ??
This is the main reason why I have never used lay by. I have always had this scenario in the back of my mind...it would just worry me too much. I understand people do it due to lack of money, but maybe a better way, would be to start a 'xmas fund', and starting in January, every week, $5, $10 whatever, is kept in an account. Much safer this way, PLUS saves lining up and re-visiting the store, which must be a very busy time.

(now, I understand some of these customers are rural, so hundreds of km's away from their nearest Big W so would use the online service, BUT, alot of city folk, use this service, as every toy sale, the cash/credit card lines are pretty much empty, but the layby line makes a snake trail around the store.... reason enough for me to avoid it)

Hope everyone mangages to get gifts for their little ones.

Eve75

This is the main reason why I have never used lay by. I have always had this scenario in the back of my mind...it would just worry me too much. I understand people do it due to lack of money, but maybe a better way, would be to start a 'xmas fund', and starting in January, every week, $5, $10 whatever, is kept in an account. Much safer this way, PLUS saves lining up and re-visiting the store, which must be a very busy time.

Hope these people manage to get some gifts for their kids though.

I've always used lay-by but never online lay-by. With normal lay-by you go in, pick your stuff and take it to the lay-by counter for them to wrap up and put out the back. Generally they don't touch them after that so it's safe and all together (Well I think so) I've done this many, many times and never had issues picking up my package. Online lay-by the store must wait until it's paid off or close to and then package them themselves for sending out or pick-up, when it's possible they could have a shortage. Ultimately it would be better if they just made the online packages up when they are ordered and have the stock. We put a christmas lay-by on in july and picked it up 2 weeks ago no issues, but like I said we went instore, chose our items and it got packaged that day and put out the back.

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

I thought the big w online laybuy was such a good idea, i wouldnt have been able to buy a cubby otherwise. But now its missing ?? So maybe not such a good idea. It was going to be a minimal xmas anyway, this was my only 'big' item. So now its even smaller than i planned!
Wow I heard about that! Unreal sad
Bet next year people will think twice about buying online with them gasp
I did the online layby thing and I've only gotten part of my layby which is 5 dvds. I'm still waiting for 8 items to be delivered and they don't know if it will be here by Friday. I've called and pretty much long story short they are trying to find out where I can pick up my parcels so they are not delivered as I happy to pick them up from my nearest depot. The most annoying thing is that the place it was shipped from is only 3 hours away and I'm still waiting and it was apparently shipped last night but the warehouse receive it on the 8th Dec but after a stuff around because a parcel was missing it's only just been sent. I was told last week when I fixed up the problem with the missing parcel that I should have it by Tuesday at the latest well that was yesterday and now they are telling me tomorrow so I don't know what to believe anymore. I really hope everyone gets their presents in time for Christmas.

I hope you get your cubby house Mum*26.

I bought one thing from Big W online and it was delivered about a month ago. I received an email one morning saying it was at a warehouse and it had a tracking number, and it came that day. So I was very happy with the service. Feel sorry for those that have been affected by the mess ups and for the kiddies that will miss out on some of their xmas presents because of it.

Sign in to follow this topic