Huggies Forum

PPL Lock Rss

Hi Girlies.. I am at it again grin

So knuckling down on my 2012 budget and have allowed for the PPL to take 6 weeks after lodging proof of birth before payments start, but as there are few more of us who have been through the process recently, I am asking if you dont mind sharing how long it took the gov to process this for you?

I am lodging my claim this week (have had it in my possession since 29weeks.. only just sending it now! lol
I only took mine in when bubs was over 5 months old as I was on mat leave from work at half pay and just didn't get around to it.
I work for the commonwealth government and they pay it on centrelinks behalf, not sure if that made it any quicker, but took less than a month, maybe 3 weeks for it to be processed, might ahve even been a couple of weeks.
Wow that is shorter then I have been told!! I dont think your type of job, gov or otherwise would make a difference. It is just how long it takes them to process the claim in canberra.
I lodged mine before bubs was born and set the date that i wanted it to begin (ie 8 weeks after the babies due date). Once i got birth certificate i sent it in and payments started on the date i suggested.
I was told by centrelink to do the paper work when i had 3 months to go. I had to send all the proof in of little man birth in within a few weeks. I sent them in straight away incase of any problems

I was told by centrelink to do the paper work when i had 3 months to go. I had to send all the proof in of little man birth in within a few weeks. I sent them in straight away incase of any problems

Heya, so how long did it take once u had processed it for it to start going into your bank? If you dont mind my asking grin

I will require mine to start pretty much straight away from when he is born, this is why I am asking. I know it gets backdated and I can manage for a little while just on DH's wage, I just need to know where to allocate my bills that normally comes from my wage in the mean time. grin
I lodged mine online about a month before i was due and then i took all my paperwork into centrelink two days after she was born and the payments started two weeks later.
Wow! Ok.. maybe it is just getting quicker now with more time, experience etc of the dept.
I was warned when I called to check the progress of my application (after I had lodged all the forms) that it could take 45-60 working days... in took about 2 and a half weeks but just be aware that it might not be the same for you. The stress of being told that it could take up to 60 working days was horrible because we were on the bones of our butts but luckily it came through a lot quicker

Wow! Ok.. maybe it is just getting quicker now with more time, experience etc of the dept.

Its now paid through your employer which i thinks makes it quicker. When you do your online thing before you have the baby your work will get an email stating that you have applied for it and that you expect it to start from this date. Then after you lodge your paperwork they email a confirmation thing stating they are now allowed to start so i think as long as you get your paperwork to them and also births, deaths and marriages fairly fast you shouldnt have to wait too long.

Its now paid through your employer which i thinks makes it quicker. When you do your online thing before you have the baby your work will get an email stating that you have applied for it and that you expect it to start from this date. Then after you lodge your paperwork they email a confirmation thing stating they are now allowed to start so i think as long as you get your paperwork to them and also births, deaths and marriages fairly fast you shouldnt have to wait too long.

I thought it was always paid through your employer if you had one. If not currently employed, then it is paid through centrelink. This is so that the employer pays the tax on it.. not the gov.
Sign in to follow this topic