Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

hens day Lock Rss

ok...so Im maid of honour for a close friend of mine and trying to sort out a hens day...which is hard as there is 8oo kms distance between us. She has requested a pamper session, dinner and cocktails...so....
So far Im thinking that we can go somewhere like a spa and have facials, etc....then move on to a meal at her fave restraunt, followed by drinks or cocktails for whoever wants to come out. I figured that a token for the guests who comemay be a nice idea too...so, seeing as its a pamper session, Im going to do up showbags with nice stuff in them. Champangne, a nice glass, shampoo and conditiones, soaps, moisturisers, a manicure set, etc. I have a few months to plan still , si I m thinking that I can just pick stuff up here and there when I see it cheap and do it gradually.

The only issue is that the "pamper packages" seen to be quite exxy...has anyone done anything similar...? What do you think?
Why not pamper each other? Buy some nice products and give each other a treatment? Facial, manicure, possibly even a massage. Champagne can be flowing, some nice soft music, lots of nibbles and will merge into getting ready for a night out.

Why not pamper each other? Buy some nice products and give each other a treatment? Facial, manicure, possibly even a massage. Champagne can be flowing, some nice soft music, lots of nibbles and will merge into getting ready for a night out.

Good idea...

we had a papmer session once where they came to us.
I think it was Beauty on Demand, not too sure if they still exist but you could look at that, it was cheaper and each person could get a certain treatment - nails, facial, wax, massage etc. maybe see if there is something like that in the area then you can do it at her home or a nice hotel.

I looked into those aswell...but the bride wants to go somewhere. Your right though, it does work out alot cheaper.
i was going to suggest the ones that come to you aswell. its much cheaper doing it that way and u can get someone to come out and do pedicures while u sip on champagne and eat nibbles. mayb just speak to ur hen and explain that u have looked into it and tell her the price and ask if she is happy to go ahead with it.

for my hens night me and my maid of honor had a lot of trouble finding somehthing that lasted for a more than an hour and didnt cost a fortune. we ended up going on a stripper cruise which was $75 pp lasted the whole night , cocktail food included and all the drinks u could handle included aswell. it is so hard these days to find cost effective nights out... my dh had the same trouble when it came to his bucks. so darn expensive

i was going to suggest the ones that come to you aswell. its much cheaper doing it that way and u can get someone to come out and do pedicures while u sip on champagne and eat nibbles. mayb just speak to ur hen and explain that u have looked into it and tell her the price and ask if she is happy to go ahead with it.

for my hens night me and my maid of honor had a lot of trouble finding somehthing that lasted for a more than an hour and didnt cost a fortune. we ended up going on a stripper cruise which was $75 pp lasted the whole night , cocktail food included and all the drinks u could handle included aswell. it is so hard these days to find cost effective nights out... my dh had the same trouble when it came to his bucks. so darn expensive

Thats so true... I dont mind forking out a bit because shes one of my closest friends...but i also want some value for my money.
Maybe you could look into booking a night in a serviced apartment or hotel suite and having a beautician come in while you have a champagne lunch and head out fom there then you have somewhere to stay for the evening too and there is plenty of room for all the girls. It also means you don't have to take everyone's goody bags out with you thy can collect them when they arrive. That way it still feels like your out getting pampered. Look for accom deals or on living social for spa packages.
I've been to a couple of hen's days lately where everyone gets a list of the days activities and the cost for each one. They can pick and choose which events they wish to attend and just pay for their own entry/meal/drink/whatever accordingly.

Sign in to follow this topic