Huggies Forum

quick question Rss

It has been suggested to me to send in more supporting documents with my c.v when applying for a job. Like what??
Thanks smile
Copies of any degrees/certificates of training is generally what they are after. Depends what the job is too though I suppose?
i had to supply copies of certificates like RSA and food safe, and written referances from previous employers (if i had them) so i agree with PP id assume they mean that if you say you have a qualification/certificate etc back it up wink
If it's a CV then you need to provide a copy of your degree. If it's a resume then copies of any courses you mention in your education part.
From a recruitment perspective, CVs should be 3pages max and if you have any supporting documents, put a note at the end of your CV and bring them to any interviews (take a copy also to save them copying).

Most employers want a quick snapshot of your work/education/personal life and if that makes them interested in you then provide more information when asked.

I know I don't want to see every persons diploma/degree/first aid cert of all the CVs that come across my desk if I am employing.

Who suggested that to you? Just wondering because I work in recruitment and you really don't need to send anything else along with your CV, apart from a covering letter. The covering letter should target the job specifically and say why you'd be a great fit for it.

But you don't need to provide written references - employers will want to obtain verbal ones themselves. You may need to provide copies of various certifications at some point in the application process, but you will be asked for them later on if so, you don't need to send them with your CV initially. That said, you should of course read the job ad to see if they ask for anything further and if so you should provide it, but it's pretty unusual.

In fact I don't even have a copy of my degree to put with an application, it was only issued in a very large format and was framed so I can't really photocopy it!

In fact I don't even have a copy of my degree to put with an application, it was only issued in a very large format and was framed so I can't really photocopy it!

And most employers who are interested in your degree will also contact the university to confirm it is real, since the increase in people faking degrees.

Thanks for the ideas. The job is a preschool one it and it was suggested to me by one of the people who turned me down for a job. I have a diploma and three preschoolers so I'm no different for any one else, I guess thats why she suggested it. For one job position she had 54 applications and she is still getting them. Job market in Christchurch is tough right now!
Sign in to follow this topic