Huggies Forum

DS first day at school Rss

It was DS's first day at school yesterday. His teacher handed out to each parent a little bag that had a tissue, tea bag and a cotton Ball in with the following note. It was sooooooooooooo sweet.

"Here is a little gift for you as you leave your precious one with me on the first day of school.

As you hold this cotton ball in your hand, the softness will help you remember the gentle spirit of your child. After you've gone home and dried your tears with this tissue, make yourself a hot cup of tea. Put your feet up and relax. Remember, together you and I will work for your child to be the best he can be.

Thank you for entrusting your child to me for the comming school year. I will do my very best every day to be your childs guide in learning and exploring this bright, new word they've just stepped into."

I thought it was so sweet.
That is so sweet. Almost made me cry!
that is sweet smile
beautiful! My youngest started school this yr, such a big step for the child and the mother!

What a lovely teacher actually did make me cry.

Such a sook...lol.
Whew, for a minute there I thought the title meant "that" type of letter from the teacher.

What a lovely thing for her to do. She obviously loves teaching. I hope your DS enjoys his school year smile
I got something similar on my DD's first day last week but we also got a ferrero rocher too. It's nice to see the schools doing something nice for the parents, even if my DD ended up with the choccie, I at least had the tea.
Awww that is so sweet! I had to choke back a tear or two when I read it out to dh. What a great teacher!! smile

That is beautiful wub

It was DS's first day at school yesterday. His teacher handed out to each parent a little bag that had a tissue, tea bag and a cotton Ball in with the following note. It was sooooooooooooo sweet.

"Here is a little gift for you as you leave your precious one with me on the first day of school.

As you hold this cotton ball in your hand, the softness will help you remember the gentle spirit of your child. After you've gone home and dried your tears with this tissue, make yourself a hot cup of tea. Put your feet up and relax. Remember, together you and I will work for your child to be the best he can be.

Thank you for entrusting your child to me for the comming school year. I will do my very best every day to be your childs guide in learning and exploring this bright, new word they've just stepped into."

I thought it was so sweet.

That is gorgeous, what a special way to start their schooling - and what a lovely teacher!
What a lovely thoughtful thing to do!

so beautiful,
I got something very similar from my son's teacher when he started prep.

made me cry!!!

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Sign in to follow this topic