Huggies Forum

mcn's Lock Rss

Hi there,

I have just bought some second hand mcn's to use with DS, and so far I am loving them, so would like to buy some new ones.

What do you use? Don't want to have to spend a fortune outright, but want something decent.

TIA

Hi there,

I have just bought some second hand mcn's to use with DS, and so far I am loving them, so would like to buy some new ones.

What do you use? Don't want to have to spend a fortune outright, but want something decent.

TIA

I am in love with happy babes and baby beehinds. I have also used itti bitti and cushie tushie which i find are also good.

I also have some of the china cheapies from ebay, i replaced the booster with decent microfiber inserts and find they are excellent also. (and a much cheaper option)
I use Cushie Tushies. They're a little expensive but worth it I have found. I know they currently have some listed cheap on ebay at the moment.

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

I am not even pregnant yet but I would like to use terry towling ones are they are the cheapest but I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good nappy cover that is a reasponable price, preferable one that can be used on all ages/sizes. or ones that will last if we have to buy mutiple sizes. we will need to do it on the cheap so was hoping i could find some info out from people here to have used them.
I've got Bonnibuns, Funkibums and Tots Bots. The Bonnibuns are a little more pricey, but well worth it. The Funkibums are cheapies but work perfectly well. I liked the Tots Bots the least, but in saying that they have recently re-vamped their range so may have improved.

ShortieB, there are covers in Big W for about $20 each or you could just buy cheap pilchers to cover your nappies.

I am not even pregnant yet but I would like to use terry towling ones are they are the cheapest but I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good nappy cover that is a reasponable price, preferable one that can be used on all ages/sizes. or ones that will last if we have to buy mutiple sizes. we will need to do it on the cheap so was hoping i could find some info out from people here to have used them.

I used the terry towelling (flat squares) nappies on my ds when he was a baby, and the best covers I found were the baby beehinds PUL ones. I really thought they were great, and came in some great colours aswell smile

I have tots bots, itti bittis, baby beehinds, peapods, cheap pockets, ecobubs, cinnamons, home made pockets, charlie bananas, candie by bubblebubs hmmm.. i think thats all lol.. sounds like alot.. I like to try a few of everything smile

wow thanks so much everybody!!! i will look them all up. a pilchers question? do they work??? I ahve seen the bright bots ones are they effective? that baby beehinds ones I have seen heaps online they seem a very reasonable price? are they one size?

everybody has been so helpful thanks a million. I dont have to do much yet but its the biggest thing for me to work out which way to go and at least I ahve done that.

I ahve seen the bright bots ones are they effective? that baby beehinds ones I have seen heaps online they seem a very reasonable price? are they one size?

The baby beehind ones that i have are sized, as in small med and large but you can also get the OSFM.
I personally prefer the sized ones (although i do have some osfm as well, but i find when your baby is still new they just dont go small enough and are really bulky. I just sell my sized ones when im finished and use that money to buy the next size up.

The best bit of advice i was given when first starting out was dont get too many of a particular brand until you try them out first. They all seem to be cut differently and i found that some brands which worked wonderfully for dd1 were terrible for dd2 as they just had different body shapes.
ok thats a good idea I will be using them for nappy covers only not the whole nappy, thinking of getting Beehinds and some pilchers incese they are too big but not til im pregnant whihc may not be til later in the year not off pill yet. roll on april!! thats a good idea about selling them too... but we are planning to have at lrast 2-3 children if possible so not sure what we would do in long run!

I am just glad I have searched the sea of MCN and decided what to do, not that i am going 'modern' but there is coloured ones now and using a PUL cover will hopefully be good!!

I am just glad I have searched the sea of MCN and decided what to do, not that i am going 'modern' but there is coloured ones now and using a PUL cover will hopefully be good!!

My friend used terry towelling folded nappies with pul covers and they worked well. The only issue she found was that a lot of clothes didn't fit well because baby clothes these days are made to fit slim disposables rather than bulkier folded nappies.
you are all so helpful I was thinking PUL would LOVE to use wool but unfortunately that are way to expensive unless anyone can tell me where to get them cheap??? I am planning on buying some microfibre or fleece and using that to keep the little bottom dry I assume spotlight and or lincraft sell it so i can just chop it up to buy think ill get some biodegradable liners too just so i can save time washing it off in toilet.

kitty: thanks for the tip about the clothes did your friend find that a partiular barnd or store was better suited??

i guess I will find out what fits best, the first few days when in hospital ill prob use disposables is that what you all did? just so i can get to know baby before getting use to all the ins and outs of nappies.
Sign in to follow this topic