Huggies Forum

Those with a political interest Lock Rss

Thoughts on the latest Julia v Rudd development?
IF you feel comfortable putting your say out here I'd love to read them wink

I am frustrated at what Labor is doing to Australia, and I just hope they don't do too much more damage before we get the chance to vote them out.

Having said that I would much prefer to see Rudd rather than Julia as our PM. There is something about her I find really ungenuine and sly. I also feel like confidence in the economy has gone from bad to worse since she's been PM, despite Australia really being in one of the best positions in the world at the present time. The majority of views I've read today from the public seem to be calling for Julia to resign - including from Labor supporters.

Thoughts on the latest Julia v Rudd development?
IF you feel comfortable putting your say out here I'd love to read them wink

I am frustrated at what Labor is doing to Australia, and I just hope they don't do too much more damage before we get the chance to vote them out.

Having said that I would much prefer to see Rudd rather than Julia as our PM. There is something about her I find really ungenuine and sly. I also feel like confidence in the economy has gone from bad to worse since she's been PM, despite Australia really being in one of the best positions in the world at the present time. The majority of views I've read today from the public seem to be calling for Julia to resign - including from Labor supporters.

I agree with you 100%, I don't want to see labour get in at all, they have had enough chances but if I had to choose between Gillard and Rudd I would choose Rudd anyday. I really want labour out both Federal and State, we have our state elcetion in March and by the looks of it they will get outed.

If labour came out with a whole heap of new policies to help Dh and I in OUR industry I would defintly change my tune but since they have been in things have gotten worse not better.

In saying that I probably shouldn't expect huge changes if the liberals get in. Both parties make promises that they never commit too, surely they can't be worse then labour can they?

I agree with you 100%, I don't want to see labour get in at all, they have had enough chances but if I had to choose between Gillard and Rudd I would choose Rudd anyday. I really want labour out both Federal and State, we have our state elcetion in March and by the looks of it they will get outed.

If labour came out with a whole heap of new policies to help Dh and I in OUR industry I would defintly change my tune but since they have been in things have gotten worse not better.

In saying that I probably shouldn't expect huge changes if the liberals get in. Both parties make promises that they never commit too, surely they can't be worse then labour can they?

I really like Bligh. Unlike Julia she seems like a genuinely nice person ... however Labor have run Queensland off the rails. I hope she goes. It will be interesting to see what happens that's for sure! wink
I wish we could boot labour out altogether. However I'd rather see rudd in than Julia. It really frustrated me that we get no say in who the prime minister is.... we are a free country that has the right to vote, yet we had no say over Julia, and now we have no say over this vote either.

I was thinking about this topic this morning after her speech. I was thinking I prefer Kevin, but why?

He is better in the media, he isn't as irritating, he seems more genuine.
Pretty crap reasons really to want him to be pm.

TBH I have no idea who is a better leader and honestly - do any of us? How do we know unless we have worked with him?

The political commentator this morning said it was going to be a really hard decision for those voting as they know the public prefer Kevin, but many refused to work with him as he was so all over the place. Now I have no idea if that is true or not. But in thinking about it, I would rather they pick their own leader that will make them work efficiently and get stuff happening rather then having someone that looks good in the media, but is crap at actually running a gov.

All up though....my life has gotten considerably harder since labour came into power.
sorry to hijack'

chalys.......how on earth are you that far along already? I would swear you were only a couple of months in..... blink
I prefer Kevin Rudd,

Julia Gillard is not my cup of tea
I prefer Kevin, don't like Julia at all. It concerns me the amount of arguing going on, what about running the country. I didnt like the way Julia took over from Kevin, it was nasty.

But if any of you are looking for a temp job this could be for you:
Apply to be prime minister

I have 4 months off work, pondering applying, lol

I prefer Kevin, don't like Julia at all. It concerns me the amount of arguing going on, what about running the country. I didnt like the way Julia took over from Kevin, it was nasty.

But if any of you are looking for a temp job this could be for you:
Apply to be prime minister

I have 4 months off work, pondering applying, lol

LMFAO Oh I love Australian's sense of humour. Particularly the part about having to work to please 3 men from the bush that noone likes lol

SO far it seems pretty unanimous about Rudd ... your points are interesting OC about saying how the voters need to weight up Rudd's popularity vs being able to work with him ...

I wish we could just go back to the polls. I think a lot less people would vote the independent/greens if they had another chance after them holding the balance has worked oh so well lol <span class="emoticon blink">blink</span> .
I don't have any problem with gillard. Unfortunately though it's obvious that many people do and so I'm not hopeful that she can win the next election. It is for that reason that I hope Rudd gets the numbers to take over on Monday ( not looking good atm tho) as I seriously cannot stand abbot and hope to god the Australian public isn't so stupid as to "punish" gillard for the carbon tax.

sorry to hijack'

chalys.......how on earth are you that far along already? I would swear you were only a couple of months in..... blink

Lol! Someone else said the same in another thread.... it suddenly became real! I'm still pretending that 5 weeks away is a long time.... i think when theres 4 weeks left my mind might boggle slightly! Labour.... eek! Lol

I am very bothered by Julia Gillards attitude to gay marriage....she is an unmarried female PM, this countries first and I think she has been excepted by the public. The reasons people don't like her is she is duplicitous, nothing to do with her sex. I think it is so terrible that she hasn't got the guts to fight for the rights of another minority.
I know Rudd or Abbot wont legalise gay marriage eithier, but you don't expect either of those to do so.
I just want a government that's voted in by the people and run by an effective and coherent party. What we have at the moment is a joke!!!!
Sign in to follow this topic