Huggies Forum

who can help with some wording Rss

it says" in a few words indicate why you are seeking enrolment for your child at this catholic school"
I am stuck for a good way to say the reasons we are applying.
FYI
we are not catholic, we are out of area but it's feasible to get to and from, basically we are trying to keep our options open in case the other schools we are applying for dont work out.As Brad said the other local schools are crap but we cant put that on the application lol.Any help/input apperciated TIA

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I would write;

"although our family are not practicing Catholics, in our home we uphold a high standard of morals and values. We encourage our children to be the best person they can be through guidelines based on these morals and values. We believe that with the right guidance our children will excel in all areas of life. My husband and I have very carefully chosen this school as we feel confident that this school will continue to encourage them in the direction that we have been guiding them in at home. "

They love that kind of drivel! Lol

Hi smile

You could start by describing what you like about the school eg small class sizes, academic achievements of the school, more personalized teaching. Then you could say how you want to provide your son with the best opportunity to learn to the best of his ability.
Hope this helps a bit smile

Just edited to say chalys + 1 your response is very good smile

Mummy of 5 Gorgeous Babes smile
My newest Gorgeous Baby Boy arrived 1st January 2014 smile xxx

What about 'I'm seeking enrolment in this catholic school because I believe this school can provide my son with a very thorough education. I believe that this school will show my son the proper morals that he needs to grow into a good honest man'

Or you could go with "The other schools are s..t and I dont want him to be in a feral school?' laugh

I would write;

"although our family are not practicing Catholics, in our home we uphold a high standard of morals and values. We encourage our children to be the best person they can be through guidelines based on these morals and values. We believe that with the right guidance our children will excel in all areas of life. My husband and I have very carefully chosen this school as we feel confident that this school will continue to encourage them in the direction that we have been guiding them in at home. "

thanks to you and the others who replied.I am not too good at the drivel or airy fairy crap as we refer to it lol

we are actually going to an open day this afternoon at one of the crappy schools.Only because I believe we have to keep the options open,the only problem is that dh can't make it and his input/opinion would be good as he is a high school teacher.You never know it could be fantastic but I am aware they will be showcasing all the good stuff not the bad

I would write;

good one Chalys!!
Can you write out all our applications? lol smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Lol.... uni taught me one thing..... how to spin a bunch of crap suitable to answer a question how someone else wants it answered... not necessarily reflecting my own opinion at all. Sad isn't it?!

Lol.... uni taught me one thing..... how to spin a bunch of crap suitable to answer a question how someone else wants it answered... not necessarily reflecting my own opinion at all. Sad isn't it?!

But yet it gets you far in the real world. Telling people what they want to hear smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

That part is utterly depressing and makes me sick. Not my style when I open my mouth I'll tell you that much...

Some time ago I worked with special writing service to get assignment help for my kids and I think it’s something you should try to do, because I’m not really good at writing either. But I loved everything other people wrote, so you can use it. If you wrote the letter for the other schools, like for the one you want to be accepted to the most, you can use it for this one, just change it a bit.
Sign in to follow this topic