Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. mummies who have circumcised babies?

mummies who have circumcised babies? Rss

not starting a topic for those for or against, just wanting some info from mummies who have circumised boys!

we get our bub done on friday with the plastic ring, and the doctor we have choosen is very good and was soooooooo good with the info he has provided but after some real life experience!!

how was your bub the following days? the doctor said the bub 'can' be a tad unsettle on the night but is usually back to themselves the following day, did you find this to be true?

I had DS done at 2 days old, We came home from hospital the same day it was done so I found DS was much more settled than when we were in hospital. But I suppose it was much quieter at home & i was more relaxed.

The ring dropped off in a few days & it never bothered DS during bath or nappy changes.

Not sure if i've helped you at all, but that was my experience
We had DS done when he was 2weeks old. He came back crying but after a feed he was fine.
Cant remember how long it took to fall off but it wsnt too long. Only thing is to be gentle when changing nappies and doing baths.

Thank you so much for your replies....so sorry it has taken so long to get back!!

very helpful smile

We had DS done when he was 2weeks old. He came back crying but after a feed he was fine.
Cant remember how long it took to fall off but it wsnt too long. Only thing is to be gentle when changing nappies and doing baths.

Our experience was pretty much the same as this...
My little man was done when he was 3weeks old without a hitch. He didn't have the "ring" he was bandaged, in other words the doctor wrapped his penis with gauze and benidene. DS was fine after it was done in fact he slept the whole day. I was told to take off the bandages the next day and bath him in the morning, when putting on a nappy we were told to lather on vasoline every time so that his penis healed and didn't stick to the nappy. He was completely healed within two weeks and he was none the wiser. Hope this helps and good luck with your little mans procedure but I can reassure you that this happens every day and that your little man is in good hands.
Sign in to follow this topic