Huggies Forum

Just wanted to share Lock Rss

My Ds is 4 in about 4 months and he has started doing something that I have never seen a child his age do.

He has started to put himself to bed when he is tired. He snuggles in and if the light is on then he turns it off and goes off to sleep for the night. Often we don't realise where he is until he is asleep- which I must say can take only 5 mins for him.

The only time it has been a problem was one afternoon when I thought that he had run off and had a BIG panic before I found him snuggled up safe and happy sleeping wub

I love the fact that he loves his bed so much that he feels safe and comfortable enough to just go to bed but it does make me feel a bit guilty that I haven't recognised that he is tired.

Does anyone else have a little person who does this?

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

My DS2 (20months) has been sick and asking to go to bed at night doesn't want stories or good night cuddle just 'bed' 'bed'. Even when he has been waking all he wants is a drink then he says 'door' and 'bye, bye' and kicks me out. Its cute and funny. Last night DS1 (3.5yrs) told me as I was chatting to him when putting him in be that I could go downstairs now. Yep they both love sleep and their beds.
How adorable!!!
My 19 month old ds does this smile if his tired he will take it upon himself to climb up into his cot put a blankie over himself and good to sleep for his nap lol I too had a freak out when he firstly done this too!!
Dd1 is 4 and will just fall alseep on her bed same with dd2
How he turns off the light is so so cute wub
My little ones can't reach luckily at the moment as I know they would just flick it on and off constantly laugh
Nawww that is super cute! My DD does this every now and then if shes really tired. Otherwise shel tell me shes tired and wants to go to bed.
Thats even cuter he turns the light off, my DD never does that as she likes the light on to fall asleep.
Im hoping it will stay like that and my DS will get into taking himself to bed too!

No not a chance my DS would do that! I am really jealous! That is really great smile
Oh how I envy you!! That would make night time heaps easier!

My kids dont do that, but apparently I used to lol.
Sounds like this is a common thing, my girls would never do that at his age even now it is a fight to get them to bed laugh

LOve my lil bugs it is a scary moment isnt it? I was about to call the police when I found him.

White with two it is a cute thing to do but to make you feel better it can have its disadvantages if he forgets to go to the toilet before he puts himself to bed then I have a pile of wet sheets in the morning roll eyes . He usually wets the bed and wakes up then gets himself changed comes to our nice dry bed , I have told DH that we may have to get him up to toilet if he does that often..... he has only wet the bed a few times so far.

Nawww that is so adorable grin

that is very cute
Little master will have his milk then walk to his room. Gets into bed and don't hear a word from him till the morning. He being doing this for about a year. We have to follow because he loves us saying goodnight and pulling his sheets up and getting kiss

I look foward to my kids taking themselves off to bed.

Little master will have his milk then walk to his room. Gets into bed and don't hear a word from him till the morning. He being doing this for about a year. We have to follow because he loves us saying goodnight and pulling his sheets up and getting kiss

I look foward to my kids taking themselves off to bed.

wub How cute!!!

Sign in to follow this topic