Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Do you make an effort to dress nicely

Do you make an effort to dress nicely Rss

DH came home tonight (at 5:45pm same as always) and said "Wow, you look pretty, what are you all dressed up for?" and I was confused, as I was just wearing jeans and a t-shirt and had been grocery shopping.

Then I realised that for at least the past 6 weeks he has probably only seen me in gym gear before he leaves for work and in my pyjamas when he gets home from work. And I felt kinda like I should make more effort!?

Do you guys dress nice just for your DH's or DP's benefit?
I dont dress nice specifically for DF, i like to get out of the whole pj, trackie thing as it makes me feel a bit more productive during the day, especially with work. Although sometimes we need comfort clothes when chasing a baby around all day lol

I always dress nicely, but not for my DH's benefit. I feel good when I'm wearing nice clothes, usually just jeans and a nice top or a casual dress.

That said, you can whatever you want after what you've been through.

Fiona x x x

I'm the same as you sweetflutterby, infect my husband loves it when he comes home and I'm in my trackies and a jumper.. We call them omyhodie ho clothes.
I just thought maybe it would be nice if I stay in my clothes a bit longer so DH can see me actually looking nice sometimes instead of always being in pj's or gym gear!!

Not that he ever complains about what I wear, I don't think he even notices!! But maybe it would be nice for him to come home sometimes and see me looking a bit cuter than usual wink it seems he appreciated it tonight!
I dress for myself, and i wear makeup every day. I'm frustrated with my haircut at the moment because it has to be straightened to look any good..... and I havnt done that for weeks. So I have bed hair everyday! Anywho... dh will love me however I look so it doesn't matter smile

Seriously- does no-one else like to look good for their partner?? I'm not saying only for them (I feel good when I've got a bit of makeup on and dressed nice too) but doesn't anyone else like their partner to think they look good too?

I know all our partners are going to love us anyway but isn't it nice to know they think you look good too? Just a thought.....
I dress nicely daily like out of trackies and pjs but only if im going out for dinner with dp do i do make up and straighten my hair
Yep the thought of it is nice rosie.... but my hubby is about as romantic as a brick and wouldnt say anything anyway. If I ask if he thinks I look nice he'll just say "yeah" with not much enthusiasm. So I give up and I look nice for myself! tongue

Yep the thought of it is nice rosie.... but my hubby is about as romantic as a brick and wouldnt say anything anyway. If I ask if he thinks I look nice he'll just say "yeah" with not much enthusiasm. So I give up and I look nice for myself! tongue

Haha I have to agree with you and Anirtak laugh
He doesn't notice my clothes, hair, makeup etc! He would take notice if I was walking around in lingerie or naked however! grin

I make an effort to stay in my clothes which I wore to work until after I've finished cooking, before getting the pj's on! That way DH gets to see me looking nice with my hair still nice and straight (before I stick it in a pony tail)
Funny though, he always compliments me on how nice I smell when he walks in. Hmmm, I've smelled that way all day and he still thinks it's good?

When I was SAHM I would try to get out of PJs everyday and into jeans or a dress and tights. I work full time now so have to dress nicely everyday but I like it when my DH notices. I wish he would do the same sometimes!

Sign in to follow this topic