Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

My hubby Lock Rss

Hubby tells me when we where heading into town that he got pulled over for speeding.
The stupid part was he over took a unmark police car. He was doing 123 in a 100 zone & the police officer said i say you where 120 so the fine not worse. Hubby said he told the officer he knew he was speeding & that it was his bad luck.
A $200 fined & 3 points lost.

He told me not to get angry with him which i did because he knows i have warned him that the police drive cars that look like a family car now, so they can get people.

I told him to pay the bill tonight & that the end of it.

Thats not a very good hubby! Boys will be boys... annoying as it is! Hope you have calmed down a bit smile

When DF gets tickets, I spend that same amount on a new top or something. If he can waste that $ so can I! (Even when we were on 1 income and living pay-to-pay). He must have got the point cos he used to get 2-3/yr and now hasn't has 1 for over a year. (FX - lol!)

Thats not a very good hubby! Boys will be boys... annoying as it is! Hope you have calmed down a bit smile

When DF gets tickets, I spend that same amount on a new top or something. If he can waste that $ so can I! (Even when we were on 1 income and living pay-to-pay). He must have got the point cos he used to get 2-3/yr and now hasn't has 1 for over a year. (FX - lol!)

Oh that a idea, i go & buy something for the boys.

I have calmed down. He upset with himself & said you where right. I don't know how many times i've told him not to speed.

I just hope he learns to listen to me.

i go & buy something for the boys.

Thats a good idea! I might put that into our new rules - something for DS and if its a bad one, something for mum too! HA he would be so piss*d then!

I guess I wont make many friends here - but I dont think boys will be boys is an excuse.

These are adult men driving cars - would you say that if someone hit your child speeding.

I am sorry but the stupid thing he did was speeding - not just overtaking the policeman.

I say grow up or stop driving!!

I know it harsh but just my opinion. I am aiming this at all speeders not just your husband.

I guess I wont make many friends here - but I dont think boys will be boys is an excuse.

These are adult men driving cars - would you say that if someone hit your child speeding.

I am sorry but the stupid thing he did was speeding - not just overtaking the policeman.

I know it harsh but just my opinion. I am aiming this at all speeders not just your husband.

I 100% agree. I would be angry about the fine but I would be even angrier at the fact that my partner risked not only his own life but the lives of others.

I agree with you but the thing is that i told him one day that he going to get busted by a unmark car.

He knows i hate it that he speeds & he gets an ear full about it. He knew i would go threw the roof. I called him alot of names told him that he was so stupid and the fact that i worry about him driving is for this reason. This is the clean way of what i said, i said it with more colourful words.

I also told him he not driving the kids anywhere without me because i control when i'm in the car. I tell him off when he speeds.

To me he a adult he knew he could get caught because you never know where the police are hiding.

I've had time since i posted to think about what he did & i more angry that he was speeding. I'm a very careful driver, i stick to the limit & sometimes i stay under the limit. When my kids are in the car I'm even more careful.

The one thing i warned him about is the fact they drive unmark cars to catch stupid people. And the sad thing is the stupid person was my hubby.

I'm actually glad he got caught because i hope this proves to him that i am right that his speeding makes him stupid.

He told me he will stop speeding because of 2 reason he doesn't want to hurt anyone or himself and the other reason is he doesn't want to face my angry again.

you could also tell him that you dont want to be woken by the police at 2am sometime in the future because your p plate driver son thought it's ok to speed because dad does.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

you could also tell him that you dont want to be woken by the police at 2am sometime in the future because your p plate driver son thought it's ok to speed because dad does.

I going to tell him that again.

I just can't believe he was so stupid. He a smart man but he always said i was jinxing him about it.

He promise me again this morning that he will not speed again.

To me he a adult he knew he could get caught because you never know where the police are hiding.

I'm afraid there's no point going on and on about it. It's not gonna change his behaviour. Tell him once, let him deal with the consequences, but he is an adult and if you treat him like a child he's gonna behave like one.

I'm afraid there's no point going on and on about it. It's not gonna change his behaviour. Tell him once, let him deal with the consequences, but he is an adult and if you treat him like a child he's gonna behave like one.

Totally agree. It just i mad at him for this because he knows i always tell him to be careful and not to do anything stupid.

I always say that the speed limit is there for a very good reason.

He will get a earfull from his parents. He told his mum yesterday & she got a big mouth and will tell his dad and his brother.

Sign in to follow this topic