Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Whinge about new education payment!!

Whinge about new education payment!! Lock Rss

Sorry just having a whinge -

We dont receive any Family tax benefits (or anything for that matter) and I am ok with that. My DH works fulltime and I work 2 days a week.

We are not rich but dont struggle like I know others do.

I just wish for once we could receive a payment to help us!! Maybe a "thank you for supporting yourself payment".

I am by know means saying those receiving it dont deserve it - its just we are just over the cut off and we have hard times as well.

Anyway just venting!!!!
what is the cut off?

i'm slack & havent even looked into it yet.
I'm just wondering what this new education payment is? I haven't heard of it!

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

the gov is trying to buy some voters for the election by giving people with teenages $800odd for each one at high school & $400 odd for each primary student... it is in leiu of all of us that ARENT claiming the costs back on our taxes - apparently.
Hmmm, that's interesting! I will just assume that we wont qualify for that one! Though it doesn't really make much sense to me...he he

what is the cut off?

i'm slack & havent even looked into it yet.

It depends on the age of your children and how many you have. Also if you have one main income earner then there is another benefit you can receive.

There are calculators on the centrelink or family assitance websites.

Hmmm, that's interesting! I will just assume that we wont qualify for that one! Though it doesn't really make much sense to me...he he

You need to be receiving Family Tax Benefit A to receive the money.
I just read an article about it. So the bonus is because the education tax refund is scrapped for this financial year? Meaning we can't claim education expenses on our tax? I do receive FTB A, but I am pretty sure I would have received more back from claiming it on tax - and what about those who don't receive FTB A? Do they just not get a rebate for educational expenses? Sounds not fair!

yeah - i already assumed that we would be ineligible to claim, but i am a little cross that i now cannot claim any expenses with my tax - if that is accurate.. angry

I just read an article about it. So the bonus is because the education tax refund is scrapped for this financial year? Meaning we can't claim education expenses on our tax? I do receive FTB A, but I am pretty sure I would have received more back from claiming it on tax - and what about those who don't receive FTB A? Do they just not get a rebate for educational expenses? Sounds not fair!

Thats my whinge - as we dont get Family Tax Benefit we dont get or cant claim anything!!

yeah - i already assumed that we would be ineligible to claim, but i am a little cross that i now cannot claim any expenses with my tax - if that is accurate.. angry

i didnt think you could claim it back in your tax if your werent a recipient of the FTB A in anycase??

and i agree with the OP. it would be nice to get something back for once.

i didnt think you could claim it back in your tax if your werent a recipient of the FTB A in anycase??

and i agree with the OP. it would be nice to get something back for once.

yeah you could - you could claim $x dollars per student, primary & high school different amounts - of course you had to have reciepts etc & i dont know the exact amount, but we have claimed every year - it wasnt much, but it was something.
Sign in to follow this topic