Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Teaching TIme and Watches Lock Rss

My DD1 is almost 4 and has asked for a watch for her birthday. We are contemplating it, but don't know what type of watch to get.

She knows the hours, and half past as well as 1/4 past (1/4 to seems to not make sense to her!!) so does anyone have any time telling games/books they can recommend?

Also, did anyone buy a watch for their child at this age or near that age - did you by a specific brand of watch to help them learn the time?
Hi! I'm planning on buying my children a watch from this website:

www.entropy.com.au

The numbers are colour-coordinated with the hands to make it easier for them to understand how to tell the time - in theory, anyway! I can't remember the specific brand, but there is a huge range to choose from, and I really like the look of them!

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

you can get the learn to tell the time watches at most jewellers. We bought one for DS & it was a great help in that first year of learning to tell the time, but i think he was about 5 or 6. I dont really know of any specific books off hand, but i do remember seeing some clock style books in book shops as well.
DD, who is 5 shows no interest in telling the time - in fact i really dont think that she could care less what time it is, as long as it isnt bed time... haha
Wow, that is pretty good going for a 4 year old, to know 1/4 past. Most littlies who I've taught in kinder have no idea about the time and even in Kinder they only need to know the hour & 1/2 hour, so she's doing really well.
I saw a really neat book about telling time the other day. I can't remember the name, but next time I go into town I'll have a look for you smile

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Sign in to follow this topic