Huggies Forum

Car for 3 children Lock Rss

I need to find a car that has enough room for 3 children. DH wants to buy a prado, but I don't want to because we can't afford it atm & we don't need a car that big....
we have compromised that we will upgrade my car to something newer for about 3 years, then we will look at getting a prado if we have the money & feel we need the extra room.

We are started to look at cars online & are currently looking at a 2nd hand toyota camry (no older than a 2011 model), but not sure if the backseat is wide enough to fit the 3 seats.

Any suggestions would be appreciated smile
I have a 7 seater Territory and LOVE it!!!!!!!!! Lots of room for 3 seats and boot space is awesome. Back row of seats fold away when not in use. Price is reasonable......

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/dh24m7.png

I have a 2003 Camry and I loooooooooove it!!! Boot space is enormous and I currently have 3 seats in the back - 2 boosters and a car seat in the middle. If you can find anywhere online where you can compare sizes between 2003 model and 2011 model and it's the same - I would highly recommend it. My last car was a camry and my next car probably will to.
knockonwood wrote:
I have a 2003 Camry and I loooooooooove it!!! Boot space is enormous and I currently have 3 seats in the back - 2 boosters and a car seat in the middle. If you can find anywhere online where you can compare sizes between 2003 model and 2011 model and it's the same - I would highly recommend it. My last car was a camry and my next car probably will to.

oh thanks for that. i'll definently have a search online to see if I can compare sizes (or maybe just call toyota grin )
Can i ask what sort or car seat/booster seats you have. I'll only have the 3rd one in occassionally, but my permanent seats are the safe n sound meridan car seat & booster
Lisa107 wrote:
oh thanks for that. i'll definently have a search online to see if I can compare sizes (or maybe just call toyota grin )Can i ask what sort or car seat/booster seats you have. I'll only have the 3rd one in occassionally, but my permanent seats are the safe n sound meridan car seat & booster

Just checked for you. The middle car seat is a mothers choice currently forward facing but was rear facing until recently. One booster that we use a lot is the Infa-Secure roamert convertible booster seat which has belts included but can later be removed and used as a standard booster. The other booster we have is only used sometimes so if a slimline booster, an Infa-Secure vario kidmax which we currently use with a harness but can also be used as a booster with the normal seatbelt. I remember recently seeing someone on here talk about a website which helps you determine which seats you can fit into particular types of cars. I'll try to find it for you.
Thank-you. i'm going to do a search on the net & see what I can find too.
The size of a Prado isint necessarily much wider that a Commodore or Camry. If you are buying it because of the internal size I wouldnt unless u actually needed the uncomphy extra rear seats some of them have. Camry's are great cars, very economical and nice to drive. I was working at a Toyota dealership in service prior to getting pregnant so trust me lol, u will b happy.. smile smile
Sign in to follow this topic