Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Plane travel with a little one - any advice?

Plane travel with a little one - any advice? Lock Rss

Hi ladies,

We are about to embark on our first ever family holiday (YAY), which will involve a lengthy flight, so I was hoping you could share some hints/tips on keeping DS occupied, and also some advice on what can help to reduce his ear discomfort with the cabin pressure etc..

I already have the iPad loaded up with all his fav tv shows, but am not sure on what else I should be thinking about

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks smile

No tips but I'll be watching this thread with eagle eyes. I'll be doing monthly flights to QLD from the time bub is born, so any tips before I get to that stage will be handy!
How exciting! I flew to the UK with my then 3 year old and 18 month old daughters and the thought was far more daunting than the experiance!

Colouring books and crayons were a god send for my girls. I made little goody bags so that when they looked to be getting bored i whipped out the new 'treats' and they were entertained for a little while longer.

Water is the best thing for the ears, The swallowing. I did take lollies for take off and landing for them and they didnt have any discomfort with their ears fortunatley

Have a fab holiday smile
We flew with our daughter when she was 2 months old. The chemist told us to give her Panadol half an hour before bording so it was in her system, that way if her ears hurt the Panadol was there to relieve some discomfort. We also fed her just before bording the plane so that she slept when we were on it.

Worked for both flights, good luck!
Sign in to follow this topic