Huggies Forum

A Lock Rss

Hi there
I have just started on the centrelink payments waiting to get a letter to say what I'm entitled to,
I have been told that there is a supplement after my hubby lodges his tax return 2012
Is that for me ?
I have a wee boy and girl ages 2 and 4
I will be eligable for the family tax a and b
Does this mean I get a payment?
And if so how do I get it? Do they do it automatic ?
Sorry so many questions just very confusing lol thanks
I think (not 100%) as I am new to it as well - I was working.

You need to tell them you don't have to lodge a tax return, but Hubby does. (I think they should have a copy of his TFN) then once he does his, within a month you will get the payments.

ME - 23
DH - 25

Miss Willow

Keeping fit and healthy in pregnancy!!

Thank you for that, I hope so it would be pretty cool,
We've only just applied for the family tax benefit 3weeks ago so fingers crossed the bonus will be there for us also, I think it's likem$600 or so a kid?
I'm 23 and hubby is 25 also so hopefully we both do I'll ring them this week smile
So your husband earns $18000 in 3 months and you're not citizens but you're still wanting more? I'm pretty sure if your husband is earning that amount you won't be entitled to more money from our government through tax a and b.
I am a nz Australian citizen and he earns 91k a yr,I am entitled as anyone is who earns under 150000aud
And has a family is
Ta
Also I was not wanting more I was simply asking what I'm entitled too
And I got my answer
2babes2love wrote:
So your husband earns $18000 in 3 months and you're not citizens but you're still wanting more? I'm pretty sure if your husband is earning that amount you won't be entitled to more money from our government through tax a and b.

+1

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Was there a post deleted from this? I don't see where the $18000 in 3 months came from. But anyway, your family tax benefits will be worked out by your combined annual income, not yours and his separate so may not be eligible at all. That goes for all centre link payments. They ask you to estimate your combined income for the year & use that for everything. You still might be entitled to that other payment, not sure.

Oh, I see the other topic now. If you haven't worked at all you probably will get something. It sounds like a lot saying 18000 in 3 months but really it's just 72000 a year. Above average yes, but not really wealthy to the point where you shouldn't care about your entitlements. Check out the estimator on the centre link website

I just want to add one more thing. I'm not a citizen either. But I've been here 9 years paying taxes & Medicare levy. Am I less entitled to benefits than citizens? Even citizens that have been on the dole most of their lives while I had never been before ds? Just think xtina is being judged a bit harsh for simply looking for information

Thank u heaps now I understand so difficult to understand these things so appreciate it and strawberry Tim tam thanks for sticking up for me I know we pay taxes and everything here too so was only asking didn't expect someone to think I was a gold digger lol so thanks.
If you have only been here for 3 months they may prorata your supplement payment so there is $700 payment per child but that's if you have been receiving FTB payments for the full year for each child (works the same if you have had a baby part way through the year.)

So you may get 1/4 of the payment (if they are backdating payments to when your DH started working) or you may get 1 week's worth as to when your payments were first started (since 30 June is only a couple of days away)

Sign in to follow this topic