Huggies Forum

This is a tough one... Rss

So as some of you know a couple of weeks ago I was having a few problems with my DH. Well after the kids and I spent some time with family he decided that we were too far gone and he didn't want to try sort things out. So I'm now a single mum. It feels like it's been forever and I've lost track of the days but I'm getting there. DS has been most affected by it, the first week after he packed his things (last week) he cried himself to sleep and has been acting out a bit at DD. The thing that hurts the most is that he didn't even want to try work it out and it felt totally out of the blue. If he was having second thoughts I had no idea about it until a couple of weeks ago. So thats all I just wanted to update everyone now that I'm ready to go 'public' with it.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that he didn't want to try work it out...huge big hugs for you!!!
It must be making it so much harder with your son playing up, but I guess it's totally understandable that he is - I hope he settles down a little soon.

Please remember we're all here to listen if you need to talk. xx
I am so sorry to hear this. Great big HUGs. Hold your head up sweetie and remember if you ever need to talk or vent we are here for you. Has he come back to see the kids? I hope he is staying in contact with them.

Thanks!! Yeah he has seen the kids a couple of times. He's staying with his sister at the moment so hasn't had them overnight yet. It's so heartbreaking when DS is upset. DD on the other hand has been so much more affectionate, she'll give me big hugs and kisses and tells me she loves me.

Snooopy wrote:
sorry to hear that Chonnie. Just take a day at a time, and focus all your energy on your kids. The rest of the stuff will fall into place, and things sink in a decisions are being made. Take some time out for yourself too. Either write your feelings in a diary or have a winge to family or friends if you need to let your frustrations out lol. Chin up, you will be ok, and thinks will fall into place, and you will be fine.

Thats how I feel I can best cope with everything..one day at a time. The next hard thing that is coming up is how many nights a week he's going to have them. It's very scary for me as they have only spent a couple of nights away before with his sister. I feel like I'm going to fall apart the first night he has them. I have no idea at the moment about the best way to handle that conversation.

Nai&Beau wrote:
I'm so sorry to hear this hun. Big hugs and as others have said we are all here for you XX

Thankyou.

So sorry to hear that.
Sorry to hear darls. It is shit when they leave too. I'm seven months on and I still hate it...
So sorry to hear this!
We're all here for you x

Thanks again everyone for you support. It means alot. We've been able to talk more and we've decided for now that one weekend a fortnight would be a good place to start. He'll still come round once or twice a week. He's going to have them next weekend and I'm already starting to stress about it. The house is going to feel so empty without them.

hey chonnie

big hugs
Just read through this thread and I sorry to hear you are going through this.
I dont have any practical advice, sorry, but like the other girls have said we are here if you need us smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

jazool wrote:
hey chonnie

big hugs
Just read through this thread and I sorry to hear you are going through this.
I dont have any practical advice, sorry, but like the other girls have said we are here if you need us smile

Thankyou. I haven't had a chance to talk to any of my friends yet so it's good to be able to come on here and talk about it if I need to.

Sign in to follow this topic