Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What to do with carseat in taxis

What to do with carseat in taxis Lock Rss

In October I am going to melb with DH and DD

Does anyone know what happens with the taxis and baby car seats? Ive been told to just hold DD on my lap :-/

We hired a chauffeur that took us from the airport to the city for $80 with 2 car seats. It was a holden caprice decked out with leather seats, DVD players etc, we travelled in style.
I would never put my kids on my lap travelling at the speeds car do on their freeways. Pay a little more for safety, I think it's approx $50-$60 anyway with a taxi.
I didnt even think of getting a chauffeur.

Problem solved!

Thanks heaps smile
when we went to mel last year we rang and booked a taxi in advance to see if we could get a car seat.. they asked their drivers and rang back to say one had one and was happy to do it, so was waiting there for us.

you could try that, or take your seat with you, airlines dont normally charge for you to take it.
Maybe also ring the hotel you are staying at as they might have a car service they use or reccommend.

Thanks for all the help smile

I worry if I ask for a taxi what kind of car seat they may have? Do they have to go by the regulations? I don't really trust a lot of taxi drivers to do the right thing and have proper (hasn't been in an accident) car seat.

I might just ring a few car companies and see what they can do with us. Especially after the bad car accident Evie was involved in a few months ago I am really paranoid now coz the police told us if she was in a different car seat she would have been a lot worse off
In nsw you HAVE to follow normal rd rules, so they have taxis with carseats, you just have to request one. The one time I did it, it took an hour to get a taxi Hugh.
In nsw you HAVE to follow normal rd rules, so they have taxis with carseats, you just have to request one. The one time I did it, it took an hour to get a taxi Hugh.
Sign in to follow this topic