Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. A sad story but one I think mums need to read!!

A sad story but one I think mums need to read!! Rss

Please be aware it is about sexual abuse sad

http://www.mamamia.com.au/health-wellbeing/chil...
omg that is terrible sad Made me feel sick. Those poor boys and their poor mum. What a horrible horrible thing to have to go through sad

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

OMG I have tears in my eyes, I feel sick those poor children and that poor mother, what a horrible story but unfortunately a topic people really need to be aware of sad

I was reading somewhere that a lot of the abuse from little kids, actually happens from older kids. Either way, I don't and won't ever leave my kids alone with any older boys no matter what age.
So so sad! Poor boys! Thats going to effect them for the rest of their lives. I really feel for the mum. I couldnt imagine the heartache of having a suicidal 8 year old.

OC1246 wrote:
I was reading somewhere that a lot of the abuse from little kids, actually happens from older kids. Either way, I don't and won't ever leave my kids alone with any older boys no matter what age.

Girls would be capable of doing it too though?
Tigress'n'Cub wrote:
My cousin did this to me when I was 4! I was in my 30's before I spoke about it. Makes me ill to know what he did, how he groomed me, threatened me etc. Hate it exists, hate those who prey on anyone no matter the age! Abuse is abuse, but the younger the victim, the worse it is. These people need to be hung, drawn & quartered in my view.
At least their mother has stayed strong for the boys & good on her for allowing those innocent children the opportunity to speak up without retribution. Just so, so sad for them all.

+1
Couldn't agree more. They get off so easy here too. They protect child sex offenders. HATE it! It's not right sad
I was abused sexually, verbally n physically for 8years (4-12yo) by my dads closest mate (54 when it started) he had living on the property to 'help' mum out with us n the land... I was always too scared to mention it cos of the threats n torture I went through for showing my pain sad but eventually I blurted it out to my parents at 17 or so after he was long gone by a few years and after I'd gone to see counsellors on my own n deal with it....
U learn to put it behind u but nothing will ever restore that childhood that's near all negative for me in my memories... N to think even when his granddaughter had spoke up after he touched her after her shower he only got 18mths sentence, served 10 on good behaviour n got out n died a few mths later on an operating table after a stroke/cerebral haemorrhage... Got off too easy I think. But at time I couldn't stand up and say anything. Sigh. I'm very vigilant with watching out for signs from other kids though.... I don't want any child to go through any part of what I did sad too many cases are unreported by kids and come out later, IF they survive the abuse which not all do.... sad

A friend of mine recently purchased a book through her son's kindy called "some secrets should never be kept". It's an illustrated picture book aimed at young children to teach them protective behaviours. I haven't had a chance to look at the book myself yet but she highly recommends it.

I have look at it on a website and it certainly looks better then any other book I've seen on the subject.

Tigress'n'Cub wrote:
The more aware we are, the better. My parents were horrified when they read my letter. They had no idea. Having said that though, we cannot protect our kids from everything, so it is so important to teach viligance in our kids from such a young age. Sad that their innocence has to be taken away, but how else do we protect our children? We cannot be there 24/7, daycare, kindy, school, grandparents etc. So sad, but education of an appropriate level is paramount.

+1
So true tigress smile

My 3 Little Terror Tots! wrote:
A friend of mine recently purchased a book through her son's kindy called "some secrets should never be kept". It's an illustrated picture book aimed at young children to teach them protective behaviours. I haven't had a chance to look at the book myself yet but she highly recommends it.

I have look at it on a website and it certainly looks better then any other book I've seen on the subject.

Hmm might look into this book. Sounds better than some iv seen on the market!

Cried the whole time. I feel sick. I can't comment.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Here is a link for information in relation to the book I mentioned in my earlier post:

http://www.somesecrets.info/

You can actually read some sample pages from the book as well as feedback from people who have purchased the book. Apparently they also have a facebook page as well, although I haven't looked at this.

My 3 Little Terror Tots! wrote:
Here is a link for information in relation to the book I mentioned in my earlier post:

http://www.somesecrets.info/

You can actually read some sample pages from the book as well as feedback from people who have purchased the book. Apparently they also have a facebook page as well, although I haven't looked at this.

Thanks heaps My 3 Little Terror Tots smile will have a look!

Another good book is "Everyone's Got a Bottom" Which talks about private parts & keeping yourself save. It's very suitable for preschoolers & the message throughout the book is gentle but to the point. Each page ends in "From my head to my toes I say what goes" I read it with my kids about once a month smile
Sign in to follow this topic