Huggies Forum

car sticker that I saw Rss

a bit offensive imo
its said kids with autism rock.Not sure if it was supposed to be funny

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

that's how I saw it at first, but with the things that autistic kids do eg consistently rocking etc it could be a bit offensive to some with autistic kids.I am probably just losing my sense of humour

I wouldn't see it as offensive. I have a friend with an autistic daughter and I wouldn't be surprised if she had a bumper sticker letting the world (well whoever saw her car) know she thinks Autistic kids rock smile I'd say its a proud parent of a son or daughter (or perhaps both) with autism
I don't think it meant to upset anyone.
Maybe they have a child or know a child who has it.

I don't think it's meant to be offensive.
My autistic cousin used to wear a t-shirt that said "I'm autistic! What's your problem?" when we were kids.

I agree with the others, I would have assumed it was a proud parent and if so I think good on them for putting it out there smile It seems crazy that in this day and age that autism (along with lots of others) are still so looked down on. I know a couple of autistic kids and they are the most amazing people smile

my initial reaction was to laugh but then I thought it could be offensive, probably the p.c conditioning in recent years.

Skippy And The Greek wrote:
I wouldn't take it as offensive if i was to see it.
It's clearly someone who most probably has an Autistic child saying that no matter what, they don't think that person is any different, they love them just the same.
Thats how i read it wink

Me three!

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I saw a mini bus that was from a disability special school... and the name on the bus printed in massive font down the side was "The Spacka's"

How AWFUL is that!!! If anyone can see it from another angle, other than Spacka's being short for 'spastic' then please enlighten me. My jaw was on the floor as I watched the bus drive past me... complete disbelief!

Sign in to follow this topic