Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Just thought I'd share the amazing shower cleaning product I mixed up :)

Just thought I'd share the amazing shower cleaning product I mixed up :) Rss

I've been having sooo much trouble getting my shower screens cleaned and getting all the calcium stains off, even my enjo and marble paste failed me. Tried bi carb, vinegar on it's own, a zillion dofferent cleaning products from Bunnings lol then I looked online and decided to mix into a spray bottle:

1 cup vinegar
1 cup hot water
1 tbsp dishwashing liquid

Whola... Shower is as sparkling as it was when it was brand new grin grin

Can't believe it was this easy haha

I sprayed a crap load of it on left it for a min then used a micro fibre cloth to scrub it and wipe all the residue off with my enjo miracle cloth, I'm sure and old micro fibre cloth would do though!

Seriously I cannot believe how good this worked! We have really hard water and the screen was covered in calcium stains and water marks now it's completely clear grin

Snooopy wrote:
You probably cleaned all the calcium off with all the other products, and this just topped it off lol.

I tried that Enjo calcium cleaner, it did jack ! I swear by my CLR, it's awesome.

However my brother informed me, why do all that, just use jif and a scourer lol. I said, that will scratch the shit out of the glass, he said how ? it's toughened glass. Hmmmm true never thought of it that way. Although not game to try it haha !

Lol nah the screen didn't even look a tad better from all the other products, you could see the calcium stains! I felt so let down by my enjo laugh laugh I swear by that stuff usually!

DH said to use a scourer too, ummm we are renting buddy, if it scratches the screen we will have to pay for a new one grin Imagine if we left the men to the cleaning hahaha

Tigress'n'Cub wrote:
Well Bailey's Mummy, thank you for sharing & will let you know how it goes. smile

Awkward if it doesn't work for you laugh laugh

Haha I'm sure it will tongue

Thanks for sharing, I'm gonna give it a go smile

Ooh...will have to give that a go next time I clean the showers.

I can't wait to try it...is that sad?
Jas. wrote:
Tried & tested..IT WORKS! grin
Now I have to clean the exterior as didn't realise how filthy it is laugh laugh
Though there was a section that was hard to remove..perhaps I need to leave it on longer for the stubborn areas?

Woop woop grin

I did have to re-do a small section too but it came off the second time and I just scrubbed a bit harder!

Jas. wrote:
It isn't 100% gone as you can see it slightly when you look at it on an angle (maybe im just TOO fussy lol), but looks much MUCH better..big difference! grin Thanks for the tip!

Maybe give it another run over later lol mine is clear as, it's so awesome grin

Getting excited about clean showers, yep my life is lame laugh laugh

Jas. wrote:
Yeh will do it again one day. Maybe I should start wiping down the glass after everyone has a shower with a paper towel laugh

I used to use a squeegee thing and then it broke and I never bought a new one lol that used to make a big difference smile

I recently discovered the Magic Erasers, they are awesome. Just looks like a rectangular piece of foam. I moved into a new place and the shower had white calcium and scum build up all over the doors and tiles and it worked so well to get it off.
Bailey's Mummy wrote:
I've been having sooo much trouble getting my shower screens cleaned and getting all the calcium stains off, even my enjo and marble paste failed me. Tried bi carb, vinegar on it's own, a zillion dofferent cleaning products from Bunnings lol then I looked online and decided to mix into a spray bottle:

1 cup vinegar
1 cup hot water
1 tbsp dishwashing liquid

Whola... Shower is as sparkling as it was when it was brand new grin grin

Can't believe it was this easy haha

I have to give that a go tomorrow.
I've tried alot of products & nothing get's it perfectly clean

just had to report.... tried this on my shower screen and

YAY IT WORKED!!!!! smile

not exactly like brand new buty there was a HUGE improvement and and since I had a lot of build up on the screen I will tackle the stubborn parts again tomorrow.

thanks for sharing Bailey's mummy smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Sign in to follow this topic