Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

whats for dinner Lock Rss

Reckon i might make pasta. Like from scratch. I got this pasta maker with my kenwood that i haven't used once!

We're going to the in-laws. I think we'll be getting chinese takeaway there though. I'm going to make a chocolate self sacuing pudding to take - yum!

I'm trying out something I've never done before - it's pretzel coated chicken, you bake it in the oven so its nice and crispy. I'm thinking of serving it with polenta and vegies.
I'm a little nervous about it, I always am when trying something new...so wish me luck.

My favourite meal to cook at the moment is lamb and macadamia curry with rice and chapati's (flat breads)...yummy grin
nothing much- saturday night is an esy meal as dh gets home late after cricket, kids will probably have 2 minute noodles.I will cook some eggs for dh & I, omelette or something.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Well, my pretzel chicken was a success, everyone loved it grin !!!
I forgot to mention before that it also had a honey & mustard sauce to go with it...that was also really yum! I didn't end up doing polenta because I couldn't be bothered unsure

I can remember the chicken recipe off the top of my head, but not the curry, so I'll give you the chicken one now, and if I remember, the curry one will have to be another day.

Pretzel Coated Chicken

8 ch. thighs (or however many you'll need really)
100g pretzels (I ended up using 200g as the thighs were large)
1/2 cup pl. flour
2 eggs (although, as my DH can't have egg, I used egg replacer and milk)

- Preheat oven to 200 or 180 fan forced.
- Blitz pretzels until chunky crumbs (not too chunky though). Put them on a plate. Put flour on a plate, and lightly beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Coat each piece chicken in flour, then egg, then pretzels. Place on baking tray, drizzle or spray with olive oil. Bake for 35mins, until golden brown and chicken is cooked through.

Honey & Mustard Sauce

1/3 cup (95g) Wholegrain Mustard
1/4 cup (90g) Honey
1tsp white vinegar

- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined.

I think that's everything smile

We had steak and salad
We had leftovers.
DH and i had potato and bacon soup
kids had ravioli and veg.
Sign in to follow this topic