Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Need a recipe please! Lock Rss

I went and did the shopping tonight & didn't buy any sweet snacks, decided I would do some baking. I was going to do kiwifruit & choc chip muffins but I forgot to buy eggs!
So does anyone have either a muffin or cookie recipe without eggs? I really want something sweet tonight!

sure do smile
Eggless chic bikkies
Quater cup of marg
2 tablespoons oil
3 quaters of a cup sugar
3-4 tablespoons baking soda
1 cup flour
1 third cup of cocoa
Then when you've mixed it all together refrigerate for 30 mins -1 hour then bake for 10 minutes.

I'm pretty sure I have a cookie recipe without eggs...but I can't for the life of me think of which cookies they are (I have a few different ones I bake). Not much help am I!!
You could make Anzac cokkies
1C sugar
1C Coconut
1C rolled-oats
1C flour
1tsb Backing powder
1tsp Backing soda
125g melted butter
3T hot water

Mix all together and role into balls
Bake 180 for 10-15 mins.

I like these because they are easy and quick.

Ooh...I've just rememvered that a choc clice I do doesn't have eggs, here's the recipe;

Chocolate and Coconut Slice

Bottom:

1 cup of self raising flour
125 grams of melted butter
1 cup of dessicated coconut
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa

Topping:

1/2 cup icing sugar
40 grams butter
1 tablespoon of cocoa

Line a slice tin with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. In a bowl combine all the base ingredients – and press firmly into the slice tin. Bake for 10 minutes – then take it out to cool. Mix together the topping mixtures with a tablespoon or two of hot water to combine and spread over the base. Refrigerate until set – and cut into squares.

I hope you've got coconut grin
Oh man! Sounds good but I don't have any coconut either!

Mum2onebub wrote:
sure do smileEggless chic bikkiesQuater cup of marg2 tablespoons oil3 quaters of a cup sugar3-4 tablespoons baking soda1 cup flour1 third cup of cocoaThen when you've mixed it all together refrigerate for 30 mins -1 hour then bake for 10 minutes.

I'll try this! Thanks! Will be butter not marg, hope that still works

I've use butter for them and they were yummy I can't stand marg tastes foul.

Mum2onebub wrote:
I've use butter for them and they were yummy I can't stand marg tatstes foul.

Me too! Plus df is a chef & very anti marg! So it's never in our house

Lucky you I'm the 'chef' here and dh says I need replacing lol smile hope you like the bikkies hun

StrawberryTimTam wrote:
Me too! Plus df is a chef & very anti marg! So it's never in our house

This made me laugh as my husband's a chef, but is lactose intolerant, so can't have butter - so it's nuttelex in our house! But, I don't mind it, I actually find it tastes better than a lot of margarines. smile
Strawberry Tim Tam - Can you pretty please share your muffin recipe with us? I have never heard of kiwifruit in muffins before, but it sounds yummy smile

And Athaye, that slice sounds delicious. Might have to grab some coconut next time I go to the supermarket...

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Sign in to follow this topic