Huggies Forum

honey question Lock Rss

Well my advice wouldnt be any good really to you as I have been giving my 15mth old honey on his dummy for awhile now.I have heard not to though but I am pretty sure that that was only to bubs up to the age of 6 mths.Sorry just didnt want to leave you hanging without a reply so hopefully your next lot of advice will be a bit more helpful,
Unique1 wrote:
Duckie.M.B wrote:
Ok call me daft, but why are we avoiding honey?botulism (sp?)

Whoops I'm sorry i just accidentally reported you!!!!

I always thought it was ok to give after 12 months old...
Little Miss's wrote:
Could also use golden syrup or maple syrup as alternatives smile

Also agave syrup smile

I make baked muesli bars and I don't use honey. I put a can of condensed milk in it instead smile

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

If you're in Australia and its local honey I don't think you need to be too strict. I've given dd a little at around 9mths but have not avoided it for any reason other than I do didn't want her getting too used to sweet things.
Sal&MissBeau wrote:
I make baked muesli bars and I don't use honey. I put a can of condensed milk in it instead smile

Mmm could you post the recipe for this please? Sounds good, and I have a tin of condensed milk just calling to be used!

As for the OP... I thought the recommended age was 1 as well, but I'm obviously one of those bad mums, because my 10 month DD often has big mouthfuls of daddy's porridge just dripping with honey. Don't think she swallows too much though if that makes things better! She's not a porridge fan, but we always give it a go anyway. smile

3 girls are enough...the shop is now shut!

COFFEEHOLIC wrote:
Sal&MissBeau wrote:

Mmm could you post the recipe for this please? Sounds good, and I have a tin of condensed milk just calling to be used!

As for the OP... I thought the recommended age was 1 as well, but I'm obviously one of those bad mums, because my 10 month DD often has big mouthfuls of daddy's porridge just dripping with honey. Don't think she swallows too much though if that makes things better! She's not a porridge fan, but we always give it a go anyway. smile

Sure smile will post it when I get home

Thanks heaps. No rush.

COFFEEHOLIC wrote:
Sal&MissBeau wrote:

3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 x 395g tin condensed milk
1 cup of flavouring of choice eg. sultanas, finely chopped dried fruit, dates, chopped or flaked nuts, choc chips, mini m&m's, pumpkin or sesame seeds

- mix all ingredients together
- place into a large lasanga/ slice dish lined with baking paper
- bake at 100 degrees for 1 hour
- slice into bars

This is the recipe I use but I sometimes play with the cooking time as the first time I made them, they were very sticky.

isaiahs mum wrote:
Sal&MissBeau wrote:

3 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 x 395g tin condensed milk
1 cup of flavouring of choice eg. sultanas, finely chopped dried fruit, dates, chopped or flaked nuts, choc chips, mini m&m's, pumpkin or sesame seeds

- mix all ingredients together
- place into a large lasanga/ slice dish lined with baking paper
- bake at 100 degrees for 1 hour
- slice into bars

This is the recipe I use but I sometimes play with the cooking time as the first time I made them, they were very sticky.
This nice an easy not very healthy though lol

Haha I never said it was healthy!

Sal&MissBeau wrote:
COFFEEHOLIC wrote:Sal&MissBeau wrote:I make baked muesli bars and I don't use honey. I put a can of condensed milk in it instead smileMmm could you post the recipe for this please? Sounds good, and I have a tin of condensed milk just calling to be used! 3 1/2 cups rolled oats1 x 395g tin condensed milk1 cup of flavouring of choice eg. sultanas, finely chopped dried fruit, dates, chopped or flaked nuts, choc chips, mini m&m's, pumpkin or sesame seeds- mix all ingredients together- place into a large lasanga/ slice dish lined with baking paper- bake at 100 degrees for 1 hour - slice into barsThis is the recipe I use but I sometimes play with the cooking time as the first time I made them, they were very sticky.

Thanks muchly. I might whip some up tomorrow.

BTW...it must be healthy...it has oats!

Oats cancel out any sugar there is. Thats my theory anyway, and I'm sticking to it smile

Sign in to follow this topic