Huggies Forum

What would you do? (halloween) Lock Rss

the preschool where I work is having a dress up day for halloween. Normally I don'tmind days like this, they can be fun. I have a problem with this one as I am a christian and we don't do/recognise halloween. It is not something I want to celebrate or recognise. The dress up day occurs on a day I work and two of my children also attend the centre. What would you do in this situation?
3 lil monkeys wrote:
the preschool where I work is having a dress up day for halloween. Normally I don'tmind days like this, they can be fun. I have a problem with this one as I am a christian and we don't do/recognise halloween. It is not something I want to celebrate or recognise. The dress up day occurs on a day I work and two of my children also attend the centre. What would you do in this situation?

If I was you I'd dress my kids up but not myself, not sure how old your kids are but possibly too young to understand why you don't recognise Halloween and why all the other kids are dressed up and not them smile

Are they going to be recognising it as Halloween or is it just a dress up day because its halloween. I would just not dress up if you don't want to and you can explain to the kids it isn't something you do. With your kids, I would give them the choice.
thanks for the replies. i think I will let them dress up if they want. don't want them to be left out.
OC I'm not sure actually. I'll talk to my boss about when I'm in tomorrow.
tigress, I know what halloween is about. It is just not something we as a family celebrate
Thanks for your input. when I said 'we don't celebrate it' I meant we as a family NOT we as christians. Perhaps I worded the OP slightly wrongly but I was simply asking for advice so please don't turn this into a religous debate.
Lol Have had no sleep this week so my brain is a little frazzled!! But you are right, the meaning has gone out of everything, when you ask most kids what christmas is about they say presents. It bugs me that around our neighbourhood, parents let their kids out alone to knock on everyones doors, without keeping trak at all of where they are. I think thats dangerous these days! i o not have a problem at all with the orgins of Halloween, just do not agree at all with what it is now. We just shut our gate and so far nobody has ever bothered opening it and walkng up oue semi-long drive to the door!
bahaha A mask still beats the black pen one kid had drawn on his face with last year!! The kids round here will be lucky if they get much, most of the houses are damaged from quakes so people have moved and half of the few neighbours we do have left don't do halloween!!!
Yep! Rather creative I thought!! tongue
Sign in to follow this topic