Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What do you give babies for breakfast?

What do you give babies for breakfast? Lock Rss

So I started bubba on solids, he's nearly 7 months, but have discovered that If I put pear or apple in anything he won't eat it. He likes plain veggies, and he like oat cereal. I'm concerned the oat cereal could make him constipated which is why I was putting pear in it... But anyway.

I'm not giving him wheat until 12 months so no weatbix... What else is there? I tried mash banana which he didn't mind too much but that's not going to help with constipation either.

DS wouldn't eat much fruit til 18-20mths old lol. N only when he was older as 'finger food'...
I started stewing prunes n mixing with his oatmeal at 6-7mths old n he ate that? Also stopped him getting constipated cos he ate so many veggies n the cereal but normally no fruit lol. It's not as sweet so think that's why he ate it - apple n pear are pretty sweet even even mixed in cereals!

Aha prunes, don't know why I didn't think of that.

It appears he likes very very bland food at this stage so I'm not really sure about the peaches and strawberries etc, I guess no harm in trying. We have peaches growing on our tree so will wait til they're ripe.

Thanks, just kind of felt like I hit a blank with that one! I forgot about the yoghurts too! Lol

Mummy brain..

chalys 'n' J wrote:
Aha prunes, don't know why I didn't think of that.

It appears he likes very very bland food at this stage so I'm not really sure about the peaches and strawberries etc, I guess no harm in trying. We have peaches growing on our tree so will wait til they're ripe.

chalys 'n' J wrote:
Thanks, just kind of felt like I hit a blank with that one! I forgot about the yoghurts too! Lol

Mummy brain..

Oops I accidentally hit report instead of quote!! Sorry hun :/

N as for mummy brain - I don't think that has ever left me fully after having my kiddies lol tongue

Oh n figs and apricots are good to prevent constipation too. As are carrots if he likes them! smile my DS had a shocking digestive tract when it comes to constipation!! Not fun!
Oh n try getting ground flaxseed to go in the oatmeal! Works a treat!! N is really good for u smile

That's ok had plenty of reports before and havn't heard anything about them yet!

Wonder where you buy ground flax seed?

chalys 'n' J wrote:
That's ok had plenty of reports before and havn't heard anything about them yet!

Wonder where you buy ground flax seed?

Some bigger supermarkets stock it - normally in the health food aisle but sometimes with the herbs/spices aisle...
I get mine freshly ground at the health food shop cos its cheaper to get a big bag there! Just keep it in airtight container n it lasts n keeps well smile
I put it in my cereal n yoghurts and the kids' too cos it's do good for u n is great for our digestive tract as well as omegas!! grin

I could be wrong, so do correct me if I am, but I thought strawberries were meant to be held off til a bit later due to possible allergies, and if I remember right Chalys, you have mentioned that there is history of allergies in your family.
Yep lots of allergies, mostly eggs, nuts, wheat, seafood, additives, preservatives and the only fruit so far with multiple family members is kiwi fruit. So have started on low allergen foods. smile
I've had dr google on hand before introducing any of the foods so I will be checking everything before hand. Thanks for the heads up!

chalys 'n' J wrote:
Yep lots of allergies so have started on low allergen foods. smile I've had dr google on hand before introducing any of the foods so I will be checking everything before hand. Thanks for the heads up!

I may be wrong, so is best to double check! smile
Flax seed is just linseed and if you have any kind of food processor you can mill it yourself. For breakfast I give dd toast as it's easier for her to feed herself while I'm preparing the other kids their breakfasts and packing lunch boxes. Perhaps you could try him on a rye bread or similar if you're avoiding wheat at this stage. There are lots of wheat free alternatives now smile
Oh I know what linseed is! Cool I will have a look for some today.

And rye bread! I can't believe I don't think of these things!! Lol

He has been handling lumps quite well actually so I'm keen to try a bit of blw, I just thought bread crusts would be out of the question... Lol

Thank you!

Sign in to follow this topic