Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. How long did you stay in hospital after giving birth?

How long did you stay in hospital after giving birth? Lock Rss

Just wondering as one of my friends had a lil girl today at lunch time and was home about 4 hours later...it was her second but still...would love to hear your stories!

I stayed 5 days with both but i had 2 emergency c-sections so a bit different. I know at least 1 friend that has 4 kids and only stayed the minimum of 4 hours with each

Forever, for always and no matter what

I was 4 days too (plus the one day from waters breaking to delivery). But it was first bubs, and he was born on a thursday, and I don't think that they wanted to release me on the weekend. They also wanted to wait until he was his birth weight or above.

RIP Muffin. 25/06/95 - > 09/05/14

I had DD at 8.24am and I was home by 12.30pm

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

Unfortunatley i only stayed in hospital were i gave birth for 48hours at the most, DD had to be transferred down to Monash and when we got down there i was only allowed to stay one night in hospital, after that i had to find my own accomodation. It was bloody hard as i wasn't healed enough or mentaly stable enough to be able to cope having to stay away from her.
Deffinaley stay in hospital for as long as you can hun. smile smile smile
Yeah I dont think I will be in any rush considering it will be my first and want as much help around me and bub as possible!!

Thanks for sharing guys

With my first son i was in for 4 days after i had him. I had him by c-section
Second son i was home in 2 days i also had him by c-section.

My first was 3 nights. I wanted to stay a couple of nights because it was my first but I ended up having to because I had a killer headache from complications with the epidural and couldn't even sit up.

My second I had her at 10:40 pm and left the next afternoon because I was in a shared room and knew I'd sleep better at home.
DD1 - 6 days - c-section, private hospital
DD2 - 5 days - c-section, private hospital
DS - 2 days - c-section, public hospital

I was very shocked to be sent home after 48 hours of having DS sad I could've stayed 1 more day because when he finally got looked over they found he'd lost more than 10% of his weight (I could've told them why, due to being sleepy and not feeding properly because of the major pain killers I was on) except I was told I'd be a boarder and not entitled to any medical supervision or pain relief and he would be given formula to try and get his weight up (they had refused to let me express colostrum) I told them to where to go and that I was going home and taking my baby with me!

Six nights - first two I was in labour and remaining 4 recovering from vaginal birth with second degree tear. Loves my hospital stay and would do it again when the time comes.

Kazza02 wrote:
DD1 - 6 days - c-section, private hospital
DD2 - 5 days - c-section, private hospital
DS - 2 days - c-section, public hospital

I was very shocked to be sent home after 48 hours of having DS sad I could've stayed 1 more day because when he finally got looked over they found he'd lost more than 10% of his weight (I could've told them why, due to being sleepy and not feeding properly because of the major pain killers I was on) except I was told I'd be a boarder and not entitled to any medical supervision or pain relief and he would be given formula to try and get his weight up (they had refused to let me express colostrum) I told them to where to go and that I was going home and taking my baby with me!

That's appalling!! A friend just had an emergency c-section, discharged after 3 nights with first baby. Hadn't yet used her bowels, back in hospital only hours later with a bowel in shock and nearing ICU and perforated bowel. Only just got discharged again after a further 7 nights in hospital.

With DS I ended up with emergency csection at private hospital n he was monitored in SCN for 2days so I stayed 5 nights n left on the 6th day/morning before we went home.
With DD it was an elective csection in public hospital and being my 2nd, her being a good feeder n with my fast recoveries I got out on day 3 (2 nights) cos my OB was amazing N very compassionate smile
Hoping to get out ASAP again!! Love being home in my own bed n free to leave the house and get moving as I please smile x

Sign in to follow this topic