Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. CONTROVERSIAL/DISTRESSING VENT I would like to thank all the non vaccinating parents

CONTROVERSIAL/DISTRESSING VENT I would like to thank all the non vaccinating parents Lock Rss

for the reason my son has whooping cough.Lucky for him he is 11 and immunised so its not going to be a death sentence for him just a nuisance for him and all of us.I have to contact all the people he has had contact with last weekend when the 1st symptoms started- the whole cricket team and all his mates family/friends he saw a a birthday party

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hope he feeling better soon.

Both our boys have been done. It would cruel to watch a child suffer with it.

he may still have the cough but won't be contagious after friday due to the fact I got him tested on monday and he has started the treatment

Sweetflutterby wrote:
Is that sarcasm I sense there, VKW?

Fiona x x x

who me?

Me smile wrote:
So sorry to hear that, I didn't know kids around that age can still get it sad
Hope he gets better soon. *hugs*

anyone can get it but his is not so "bad" due to him being update with his vaccinations.A friend of mine got it when she was almost 9 months pregnant
Nai, as long as the others dont start coughing they shoud be ok.I am coughing but have had a booster in 2009 so the doc thinks I am ok.

Awful for your little son, but as you say, thank goodness he's not a little baby! I work in a neonatal unit and just recently one of the staff (who was vaccinated) got whooping cough. Thankfully no babies seem to have contracted the virus, but we should all be reminded that unfortunately whooping cough is become more and more common due to lower rates of immunisation.

Hope your son doesn't suffer too badly with it VKW

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Skubala wrote:
Awful for your little son, but as you say, thank goodness he's not a little baby! I work in a neonatal unit and just recently one of the staff (who was vaccinated) got whooping cough. Thankfully no babies seem to have contracted the virus, but we should all be reminded that unfortunately whooping cough is become more and more common due to lower rates of immunisation.

the whole family will be suffering as there is no food in the house seeing as I have been home with him all week lol

How annoying.

I'm a big one on vaccinations so this really irks me... I couldn't live with myself if I didn't vac and one of my children died, or if someone else's child died after contracting it from my child.

The rota virus vaccine is apparently a new vaccine that my dd didn't have but bubba did.. Boy was I thankful when dd had rota virus and I worked out bubba didn't get it due to the vaccine. That's another one that kills babies so I was saying my prayers over that one!

vkw wrote:
Skubala wrote:

the whole family will be suffering as there is no food in the house seeing as I have been home with him all week lol

You'll all be very hungry then! Can you get the groceries delivered?

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Hmmmmm...... not sure how to answer this thread....... not a problem? Glad that my efforts were noticed?

Its okay I live in NZ so I doubt that my horrid actions would have affected your household directly.

I would be more inclined to blame the vaccine not working than the parents who make an informed choice about vaccinating and choose not to.

That is all I have to say about that tongue

I do hope that he feels better soon smile

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

Your poor boy!! Lucky he's older and vaccinated. Hope he recovers ASAP.

I'm big on vaccinating too... It peeves me when kids aren't done and they pass it on to other ppls kids! I know a lady who I used to nanny for and her baby boy DIED from it at only 3mths old... It was horrible. Watching the poor thing suffer and knowing the inevitable. His mums never gonna get over losing her boy like that all because her own aunt doesn't vaccinate her kids (her eldest passed it into the poor baby)... It's just tragic abs does happen more than ppl realize sad

Hope ur young man gets better quickly n the rest of u all stay fit and healthy xxxx

I think everyone should go to work with skubala

Sign in to follow this topic