Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Those rice bickie things for babies...

Those rice bickie things for babies... Lock Rss

Does anyone know if they'd be okay for a nearly 8 month old? I'm wondering why they recommend 12 months on them... Do you think it would be more for a choking thing?

Been doing a bit of blw with bubba and he loves it, and is not so keen on the puréed foods. I thought that maybe as they're rice and not wheat they'd be alright, I remember when dd had them that when sucked on they go soggy anyway.

http://www.babymummum.com.au/

These are what I'm talking about

I remember giving them to both my kids well before they were 12mths. As you say, they go soft so quickly, they practically dissolve to nothing.
Sorry, just re-read your question I'm not sure why they would recommend them for over 12mths as I wouldn't imagine they would be a choking hazard for an older baby. Maybe an allergy thing? I can't remember the ingredients.

Probably to cover their a$$es more than anything!
My baby had them from 7 months old and never had a problem. Like you said they go soggy straight away pretty much melt in their mouth smile
Thanks for that, I might give them a go. He got cranky at me tonight trying to feed him puree... Gave him a slice of cucumber and he sat there happily for a half hour! Lol!

Gosh it's amazing how opposite siblings can be. Totally different experience to dd... Couldn't get her to eat anything til 12 months. she hated pretty much anything, I think it was a texture thing as she wouldn't even put toys or a spoon in her mouth.

My dd loves them, but I only recently started giving them to her. I didn't think I could, but they do dissolve quite quickly once she puts it in her mouth. Sometimes it has disappeared in her mouth before I know it. I tried it first and thought it wouldn't be a problem.

2tinks wrote:
Dd2 had them from around 8 months with no problems.

+1 - but my son
Hey axiom, I've already got him some organic rusks and he liked them at first and now has lost interest. I think he's worked out he can't actually eat them. Lol

I know the flavoured ones have salt and other ingriedients that aren't recommended for children under 12 months which may be the reason behind the labeling.....of course I only discovered this once DS3 had been eating them for several months since he was about 8 months old and I had given them to my other kids before they turned 12 months as well.

Only Organics has those little round rice cakes which are labeled as being suitable from 9 months. DS3 loved those ones.

Thanks terror tots I will have a look for those ones. I was looking at preservative/colour/additive free, as well as dairy, egg and nut free..wasn't thinking about salt. Sugar too perhaps!

chalys 'n' J wrote:
Thanks terror tots I will have a look for those ones. I was looking at preservative/colour/additive free, as well as dairy, egg and nut free..wasn't thinking about salt. Sugar too perhaps!

They may have sugar in them too. I was actually going to put that up, but then wasn't 100% positive about that one. Only Organics are available at Coles, Big W, Woolworths and probably most of the other big chains too.

Sign in to follow this topic