Huggies Forum

vent Lock Rss

Unfortunately when a grandchild lives with a grandparent they lose that special, idealistic relationship that grandparents should have.

Trust me: i lived with my grandmother and dad for 16 years. Will never get my childhood back.

Squidlet wrote:
Unfortunately when a grandchild lives with a grandparent they lose that special, idealistic relationship that grandparents should have.Trust me: i lived with my grandmother and dad for 16 years. Will never get my childhood back.

I agree with this.

Also, alot of older women & men I know, including my own mum, are just simply not as patient as they used to be. Alot of the usual things kids do, like interrupting during a conversation, making lots of noise while playing etc can just grind their grandparents gears, especially when they're around them alot.
Oh I can so relate to you. My mum is one of those people that snaps really easily aswell. We have lived with her a couple of times. From when my ds1 was born-2yrs. We lived in the flat under her house. Then after the Chch quake we stayed with her for about 6weeks, ds1 was 4 and I was heavily pregnant. I think it's really hard having two mums living under the same roof, both wanting to do things their own way. I love having our own place, makes it alot easier. My mum loses her patience easily and gets stressed out with the kids. I would really not be able to live with her again.

I hope your mum comes round and you guys can work it out
Sign in to follow this topic