Huggies Forum

Smokers, learn to * read! Lock Rss

I understand your frustration, it's so gross, I don't want me or my kids breathing in that crap! Can't wait till smoking in public is banned!!
i totally agree with you and agree it's rude and disgusting BUT did you do anything about it?

you can go to the security and tell them or a staff member at the hospital, no point whinging and not doing anything about it. the more proactive you are the more people will realise that they will not get away with it.

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

Totally get it, I get angry about it too. My argument has always been that they have every right to wreck their bodies and die from cancer if they choose to, but they take away my right an my childrens right to NOT smoke when they light up next to us or in doorways.

I get physically angry about it, one day I will yell at someone over it. My babies are precious an they deserve better than to breath in someone else's shit chemicals.

Frankston is my local shopping centre and all around there smoking is banned it has lessened it because theres something like $1000 or $5000 fines (can't remember exactly) but it still happens really frustrating...
Ugh I completely agree, I hate smoking sad
I was leaving the doctors a few weeks ago and both my boys had yucky coughs, I opened the door to go outside and this stupid woman was standing there smoking! I just gave her the filthiest look and told her to move, she just about ran away lol so it must of been a scary look. I normally don't have the cajones to say anything to people but I thought that s just too disgusting and selfish angry
I was getting ds out of the car the other day at woolies and could smell smoke very strongly but couldn't see anyone around. I was a bit confused because it was like standing next to a smoker.

Dropped my keys and all was revealed..
some ahole had dropped a half smoked cigarette right where I was standing and it was still going! So not even butted it out or anything.

My car smelt disgusting and my babies got a lung full before I realised and stood on it.
Who ever the idiot was I hope they don't do that often because how easy would it be to start a fire!

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I hate it when people smoke in public. If you wanna ruin your own lungs fine, but don't ruin mine!
I usually look around to see if I can see who it is. If they don't look too scary then I say to whoever is with me "oh yuck someone is smoking. How disrespectful". Or something along those lines. I don't have the guts to say something directly to them

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

In my area its illegal to smoke around entry ways to shopping centres and in outdoor dining areas ECT. It annoys me too, can't handle walking through a cloud of smoke, it makes me nauseas,its just gross! :S wacko

2tinks wrote:
I would have said something to her, I wouldn't have been able to help myself ! Am currently in the process of reporting a mother from school that smokes while her kids are in the car. Am not sure about other states but it's illegal in SA.

It's illegal in QLD too. I saw a lady smoking in a car full of kids the other day as she was pulling out of the carpark of the local shops. I was totally disgusted.

My worst experience was standing in line at a bus stop on my way home from work when I was about 8 months pregnant with DS3 when a guy got in line behind me and started smoking. I was absolutely furious, he wouldn't move and if I left the line it would have meant I lost my place. I found at later that it is actually illegal for people to smoke in bus stop lines, I wish I had know that all the time.

The thing that annoys me the most is that smokers always whinge and whine about their rights and how it's unfair that they are not allowed to smoke in public, but obviously don't give a damn about anyone elses rights despite all the well known facts about passive smoking.

The other one that always gets me is seeing people smoking in hospital grounds whilst hooked up to an IV and wearing a hospital gown.

cant stand people that smoke. my husband does and it annoys me so much. he is atleast curtious enough to only do it at home and when we go out he doesnt smoke. if there was a sign by a bench and i was sitting there and someone started smoking i would tell them off. they have those signs for a reason not just for fun. arhhhhh.... really grinds my gears.

Ha... Just got home from the play ground where there was a woman casually walk up chuffing. I just stood there glaring and he hurriedly put it out. I mean at a play ground??? Come on!!!

Then about 10 mins later she's standing just outside the gate going at it again. Argh!!!!

chalys 'n' J wrote:
Ha... Just got home from the play ground where there was a woman casually walk up chuffing. I just stood there glaring and he hurriedly put it out. I mean at a play ground??? Come on!!!

Then about 10 mins later she's standing just outside the gate going at it again. Argh!!!!

Arg...had forgotten about smokers in playgrounds. The thing I hate most about it is that they leave their butts on the ground. I've lost track of the number of times I've had to grab one out of my kids hands before they stuck on in their mouths.

Sign in to follow this topic