Huggies Forum

just curious.. breastfeeding Lock Rss

im planning to feed DS till he is a year old. we are planning to try for another one after he us a year old and i dont really want to be bf while pregnant even though i know it can be done. im not too keen on tandem feeding.... dont know why im just not.

1-2 yrs
yes
DS1 was 2.5 yrs, DS2 was 1.5yrs and DS3 was 2yrs and then i bottle fed!

D??

DD Zara

DS4 Louie

DS3 Tony

DS2 Sam

DS1 Kane

I enjoyed breastfeeding.
My dd1 I feed for 11/2 yrs then dd2 came along and she bf for 21/2 yrs then my ds for 2 yrs.
For me it depended on my personal headspace and circumstances during the time of bfing as to when I decided that it was going to finish so I couldn't put a time frame on it...... before school though smile

I had my babies fairly spaced apart so the tandem feeding thing never came up but if I was in the position where I had to make that call I would tandem feed.

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

EmmaLou5.5 wrote:
1-2 yrs
yes
DS1 was 2.5 yrs, DS2 was 1.5yrs and DS3 was 2yrs and then i beastfeed!

You are breastfeeding and you feel pregnant when your baby was just 8 weeks, wow thats a real miracle baby smile
Did you bottle feed your ds4?

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

First I thought anything over 1 was 'weird', then I thought maybe 2 would be 'ok, and hell no would I tandem feed. Ooh how time changes. laugh I would probably have fed DS2 until he was 3, sliding toward 4 might have been pushing it for my comfort zone, but no issue if someone else wants to.

Tandem thing never was an issue for me either...but if we could make it work (everyone healthy/happy/etc) then I would certainly give it a go. grin

DS1 was ebf for a poxy 4 weeks, and then mixed fed until he prematurely weaned from bf at 9 months

DS2 was ebf for 7 months, and self weaned at 18.5 months, much to my disgust, when I had already decided I would feed him until he was at least 2. huh

We got to 14 months and DD self weaned. My goal was 12 months and I ideally wanted about 18 months. I think if we were still going at 18 months I'd be starting to think of weaning at that point. Not interested in breastfeeding through pregnancy because my first pregnancy was awful and I don't think I'd cope well with that. When this next one comes along I will probably give DD the occassional cup of EBM as I'll be expressing to build up a freezer stash for work, so will no doubt have to deal with engorged breasts from time to time and might as well give her a nice little drink of mummy's milk

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

curious one wrote:
EmmaLou5.5 wrote:1-2 yrsyesDS1 was 2.5 yrs, DS2 was 1.5yrs and DS3 was 2yrs and then i beastfeed!Sorry I'm confused with the last bit
sorry I am bottle feeding brain

D??

DD Zara

DS4 Louie

DS3 Tony

DS2 Sam

DS1 Kane

When they can drink out of a cup or have a mouthful of teeth. I had to stop with DD at 6 months because I went back to work. I'll go for as long as possible with the next one, keeping in mind the top two points.

DD is 17 months and I don't think I could b/feed her being at this stage. She's a little person, not a baby anymore!

With DS1 I fed til 11 months although he had a bottle from 6 months

DS2 still going well (apart from some biting) at 10 months. Plan to make it to at least one year and I'll go from there - may just keep up 1-2 feeds after 1.

I don't think I could tandem feed.

12 months is enough for me.

yes i would tandem feed (eta only if i had twins)

i bf both my kids up to 6 months and they contnued to have bm for another couple of months as i had frozen my bm, together with formula. i may have gone a bit longer if i didnt return to work but it didnt bother me to stop at 6 months either.
~kitty~ wrote:
Happy to breastfeed for as long as we're both happy (and sane)

I tandem fed DD1 and DS for almost 15 months

DD1 was BF for over 3yrs, DS over 2yrs and I'm currently BFing DD2
I'm also donating about 300ml of BM to another baby... I'm a milk machine

wub wub wub

DS is 27 months and I started weaning him a week or so ago. I've really had enoough and am looking forward to having my body back. If my sanity wasn't at risk I could probably feed for longer.

I used to think an 18 month old being breast fed was weird, but The closer I got to it, the less weird it became.
I think 3 is a bit old, but could see myself changing my mind if I ever got close.

Don't think I could tandem feed

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Sign in to follow this topic