Huggies Forum

Real estate vent! Lock Rss

We were meant to have an inspection today between 9:30 & 12, I just got a call from the real estate receptionist at 11 saying that we wouldn't be having out inspection because the property manager is away sick and was away yesterday and she isn't sure what day she will be back...

I'm so friggin mad, I kept DS up 2hrs past his nap time so she would be able to look in his room, I was up until midnight last night making sure the entire house was spotless and they only call me an hour before the end of the inspection timeframe to tell me it's not happening....

Grrrrrrrrrrrr, I had a hard enough time doing all the cleaning and stuff, if she reschedules for 2 weeks time I'll be almost 40wks preg and my house won't be getting scrubbed from top to bottom, not a chance!

Ah that's so annoying!!!

Why don't you splurge on a cleaner the day before the inspection? Or ring them back and ask if there's anyone else that can do it as you're going away being Xmas and all. smile

chalys 'n' J wrote:
Ah that's so annoying!!!

Why don't you splurge on a cleaner the day before the inspection? Or ring them back and ask if there's anyone else that can do it as you're going away being Xmas and all. smile

I hired a cleaner for our last inspection and they did such a shit job we got a breach notice!! Never again!!

I'm going to have a nap now lol DH is going to talk to the property manager later in the week, I'll just go psycho crazy pregnant woman on her ass if I talk to her laugh laugh

So annoying!!

If you go through a ridgy didge cleaning company they'll do a good job, costs quite a bit extra than a normal cleaning lady though.

This rental thing surprises me... I've never had to have an inspection thankfully but I really don't get it... If the house is not on disrepair, and is not absolutely filthy, why does it matter to them? They shouldn't expect a house to be sparkling when there's a family living in it! Maybe when you move out they could expect that but it really shouldn't matter while you're in it!

chalys 'n' J wrote:
If you go through a ridgy didge cleaning company they'll do a good job, costs quite a bit extra than a normal cleaning lady though.

This rental thing surprises me... I've never had to have an inspection thankfully but I really don't get it... If the house is not on disrepair, and is not absolutely filthy, why does it matter to them? They shouldn't expect a house to be sparkling when there's a family living in it! Maybe when you move out they could expect that but it really shouldn't matter while you're in it!

We did use a big company last time, cost me $220 lol I was so mad!

Yeah the inspections are silly, every 3 months is a bit extreme too, 6 monthly would be better I think... At one house I lived in the property manager noted that the kitchen bench wasn't wiped properly and there were dishes on the sink laugh umm hello I do actually live in the house lol my house is clean, neat and tidy because I do housework every night before bed, for the inspection I always make sure to scrub bathrooms, floors, blinds etc so it's all super clean!

Goodness.. I would've asked for money back.

Your dh might have to do the next clean smile

We had the Property manager come out, DD was sleeping so I told them they couldn't look in that room. I said if you want to look in her room, you will need to come at a time that suits us.
I thought they were only allowed to do inspections every 6 months?
The property manager was suprised how clean our house was, she said most people don't clean them at all! I thought the main reason for doing inspections was to make sure you weren't damaging the property, too bad if its not spotless!
It's 3 monthly at very house I've rented sad

It was the owner coming to do the inspections, she is sooooo fussy so the house has to be of show home standard otherwise she picks on everything, she even put in our lease that the house has to remain in as new condition at all times! This will be our first inspection done by the property manager... Nothing is damaged, we replace the lawn if the dog digs a hole, DH fills and paints any chips in the walls etc, just such a pain renting lol

Sign in to follow this topic