Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Funny things kids do in public Lock Rss

DD and I were at the shops today when a man with very strong BO walked past us. DD looked up at him and said pooooo!! and waved her hand in front of her nose OMG it was so funny (and slightly embarrassing) LOL I couldn't help but laugh. I just hope he didn't hear it!

What have your kids said or done in public that made you laugh?

First we had Each Other, Then we had You, Now we have Everything

DS1 recently did the, "Mum, look at that man! Why is he so fat?" whilst on full volume. I'd never even heard him use the word 'fat' before then. I was totally mortified, but at the same time was finding it very difficult not to laugh. It was just so unexpected laugh

I have posted this once before and rather nervously as I didnt want it to offend anyone.. but my DS is only 4 and said it quite innocently (as kids do) so here goes- We were walking through a major shopping center late last year and DS (4) was chattering away whilst walking next to me when a lady in a full birka was walking past us going in the opposite direction, all you could see were her eyes and she was all in black. DS stops in his tracks and says, embarrassingly loudly of course "MUM! Whats that minja (ninja) doing in here?!!!" Needless to say I was beyond mortified. I just kept walking and kind of pushed the pram off to the side a bit to make out he wasnt with me! Kids hey!
misskel79 wrote:
I have posted this once before and rather nervously as I didnt want it to offend anyone.. but my DS is only 4 and said it quite innocently (as kids do) so here goes- We were walking through a major shopping center late last year and DS (4) was chattering away whilst walking next to me when a lady in a full birka was walking past us going in the opposite direction, all you could see were her eyes and she was all in black. DS stops in his tracks and says, embarrassingly loudly of course "MUM! Whats that minja (ninja) doing in here?!!!" Needless to say I was beyond mortified. I just kept walking and kind of pushed the pram off to the side a bit to make out he wasnt with me! Kids hey!

That's hilarious laugh I don't tink I would have not been able to laugh at that!

My 3 Little Terror Tots! wrote:
DS1 recently did the, "Mum, look at that man! Why is he so fat?" whilst on full volume. I'd never even heard him use the word 'fat' before then. I was totally mortified, but at the same time was finding it very difficult not to laugh. It was just so unexpected laugh

hahaha I love it when they say random things. Kids are so funny smile

mywinterdaisy wrote:
Omg what a good laugh before bed misskel! What a funny little bugger you have there and oh so innocent as well grin just imagine, he probably thought all his Christmas' had come at once getting to see a real likfe "minja" hahahahahahaha. Oh that is so very cute, it will make the BEST 21st speech ever. Ps, I don't think it's offensive in the slightest, just a great giggle at your innocent little man's expense wink x

Oh thanks MWD, thats how I look at it too, he's not racist, doesnt even know what it means! Yes, he was both shocked and excited to see a real live ninja, couldnt wait to tell Daddy all about it when we got home. DP thought it was hilarious of course! Wish it had been him there instead of me!

Little Miss's wrote:
misskel79 wrote:

My DD1 said something similar. Only it was " mum is that a bank robber". Thankfully said it quietly.

Oh bless! I can understand why the kids think these things, hey! Everything is pretty 'what you see is what you get' at their age smile

Terror tots- had a good laugh once safely back in the car!
mywinterdaisy wrote:
DD nothing apart from her incredibly audible thunder bum! Hehe! There's nothing worse than when I stranger give you that look as if to say "was that you or your kid?!" Hahaha! Talk about awkward!!!!!

LOL how funny! Passing wind always gets a laugh wink

misskel79 wrote:

OMG that is hilarious! There is no way I could have controlled my laughter in that situation hahaha

hopefully i dont offend anyone here also but we were walking throught the shops and and a dark skinned kid was running towards us and ds1 just looked at him and goes "is he running away because he stole all the chocolate and ate it because its all over him"

another thing ds1 has said... we were parked ont he side of the road near the shop and were waiting in the car as dh just had to pop in and there was a "small person" (hope this doesnt offend anyone either) and ds1 yells as loud as he can "look that kid is smaller than me and he has a beard!!"

I really hope i didnt cross any lines by writing these and if i have that is not my intention and i am sorry!

Omg these have made me laugh!! Especially the minja and the kid with a beard grin

We were in the shops one day and this very tall very wide man walked past and DS1 yell "Whoooaaaa mum look at that man he's HUGE!!" I was so embarrassed and just said yup and tried carrying on but he grabs my hand and keeps repeating himself telling me to look (he was in that stage of saying the sane thing over and over until you repeat what he said so he knows hes being understood) I went sooo red and was too mortified to even look at the man. He wasn't meaning the man was fat just that he was so big all over but I bet that's not how the man would have tken it!
My dd hasn't done anything... Yet. But my brother was at the zoo with my dad and i and the giant turtles started to get it on lol. Dad thought he was being clever by quickly jumping in abduction saying "hey, they're trying to climb out" but my brother promptly turned to him and said "no dad, they're fucking"

I reckon he was about 7.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

One day I was leaving the post office with the buggy. They are quite heavy doors and I was struggling. This guy with long hair opened the door for me. I said thank you and then DS pipes up with "thank you lady"

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Sign in to follow this topic