Huggies Forum

Im annoyed at Chrisse swan Lock Rss

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/h...

Not because she has sent a bad message but because people like thus denele crozier are sending a bad message. She's opened the gates for nonsensical logic like the "previous generations did it so why can't i?" argument.

At least its also opened the gates for good info to get out in the media. Hopefully that will be stronger than the bad.

Thoughts?

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

What an idiot. Is she uneducated??

IMO chrissie swan is not one to look at as an example of good health all round, and hey shoot me down if you want but when I look at her son I feel sorry for him as he's going to end up just as big as her, if not bigger. If you can't live healthily for the sake of your kids then you're never going to do it are you. I can't believe someone who seems as intelligent as she is can be okay with the fact that she is giving her son the worst start to life, and it seems this will also follow through with the next child seeing as she can't even stop smoking for him/her.

Go ahead, tear me a new one if you like, I won't appologise for hating cigarettes and irresponsibility.

My biggest issue is the poor message in the media.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I'm probate going to get shot to * here but, While I don't agree with smoking while pregnant, I do think its her business if she does or doesn't. I don't think we have the right judge people for their personal choices. I don't want to start a huge argument here it'd just my opinion

The baby doesn't get the same indulgence of having a choice though does it. Instead it has nicotine depriving it of oxygen. It's entire body has nicotine flowing through it, even its brain. Yay for freedom of choice....

Axiom wrote:
I agree - she's sending a bad message.
Here's someone who looks much healthier! tongue
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/shi...

eeek. not my thing.
I agree the article is giving mixed messages. That may have been what our mothers/grandmothers did in the 60's and 70's, but look at what research and information has come out since then as to how this lifestyle can affect baby. I'm sure that by the time my DD comes to have children, there will be even more info etc. I think that regardless if a pregnancy is planned or not, that once you find out, a main focus is to give the baby a healthy start in life iykwim.

This is going slightly off topic, but with living in the UK at the moment, I'm so surprised as to how much of a smoking culture it is over here. People smoke outside, BUT right at the entrance of stores etc. hmmm sure I want to breath in your second hand smoke as I try to get in! I've also lost count of the number of times I've seen women pushing a pram with baby facing towards them and then lighting up a cigarette and blowing everything over the baby! It def makes me wonder what else the poor baby had to endure while in the womb.
I agree with you chalys. It's really sad.

it is horrible when you find out a celebrity is just a human being and subject to human mistakes and bad decisions.

Aka G&L smile

Axiom wrote:
I agree - she's sending a bad message.
Here's someone who looks much healthier! tongue
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/shi...

+1 grin

Coopee wrote:
I'm really dissapointed by the mixed messages in this article just because our parents and their parents did something doesn't make it ok. I've seen a documentary on smoking during pregnancy and it was horrifying what even a few cigarettes can do to your unborn baby.

+1

this is what makes me the most angry. just because thousands of woman have done it, doesn't mean it is the healthy choice to make for your baby!! and the person providing this opinionv is the head of womens health NSW. Argh.

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Look, I think she is a bloody idiot for smoking, I used to smoke too but gave up cold turkey a few months before we started trying to fall pregnant. Not everyone can do that though.

I think everyone needs to have a good look at themselves.

Did we all fall pregnant at the perfect age? Were we all in the perfect financial situation? Were we all in a prime physical and mental state? Do we all give our kids the attention they need every second of the day? Are we all doting enough to be SAHM? Are we all responsible enough to return to work to get ahead financially to give our kids a better life? Are we responsible enough to send our kids to daycare/preschool etc. for social interaction? Are we all good enough parents that we don't need to send them for social interaction? Are we all responsible enough that our kids hae never fallen off the bed/change table/lounge? Have we ever let our kids get bitten by mozzies?

I could go on all night!!!

I know that not all these are comparable but none of us are perfect either!

boofarama wrote:
Look, I think she is a bloody idiot for smoking, I used to smoke too but gave up cold turkey a few months before we started trying to fall pregnant. Not everyone can do that though.

I think everyone needs to have a good look at themselves.

Did we all fall pregnant at the perfect age? Were we all in the perfect financial situation? Were we all in a prime physical and mental state? Do we all give our kids the attention they need every second of the day? Are we all doting enough to be SAHM? Are we all responsible enough to return to work to get ahead financially to give our kids a better life? Are we responsible enough to send our kids to daycare/preschool etc. for social interaction? Are we all good enough parents that we don't need to send them for social interaction? Are we all responsible enough that our kids hae never fallen off the bed/change table/lounge? Have we ever let our kids get bitten by mozzies?

I could go on all night!!!

I know that not all these are comparable but none of us are perfect either!

Yep all of us have had those things happen... But we havn't picked our kids up, thrown them on the floor and then felt guilty. Despite our finances our kids arnt harmed by that. Etc etc!

The bit that gets me is that they KNOW it will hurt thier baby and do it anyway. That to me is unforgivable.

Sign in to follow this topic